System Recommendation for a Silly Game - Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

System Recommendation for a Silly Game

System Recommendation for a Silly Game

Short preamble: I don't know when I'll actually have time to run this, and it might be some time before I try my hand at it. But I figured that I can arm myself with some knowledge ahead of time.

For quite a while now, I've wanted to run a game set in modern times where players take down some major holiday icons (from holidays that are often celebrated in the U.S.). Cupid, St. Paddy's Leprechaun, the Easter Bunny, etc. I've got some reasonable in-world explanations for why this is being done. But I'm unsure of what system would best do this.

I've been considering FATE, and I've started reading the rules (not terribly far into the rulebook). I think the system is flexible enough that it can absolutely fit this game. It may not be the best fit-- the rulebook constantly emphasizes that it's about epic roleplay, and I'm not sure that my vision quite fits that. Are there suggestions for other systems that might fit the world better that I might take a look at?

Risus. It’s practicslly tailor made for light hearted fun. 4 pages of rules, total.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.