New game concepts - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

New game concepts

New game concepts

Im thinking of starting up a new game to DM. Id appreciate hearing about cool plot hook ideas you folks have or cool game ideas youve been a part of in the past.

Thanks in advance!

What system?

The PCs all have the same dream, and don't realize it until they meet up that morning.

The PCs all show up for their first day of work at a new company, but uncover a horrifying secret.

The PCs win a battle of the bands competiton.... dedicated to Quetzalcoatl.

The PCs all sign for a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The PC’s are all teleported into the future and dropped straight into a 70’s kung-fu fighting disco party

The PCs are all teleported into the future and forced to work on the future version of A Ren Faire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
The PCs are all teleported into the future and forced to work on the future version of A Ren Faire.
A buddy of mine had a similar idea for a video game: zombie-survival game but it all starts at a ren fair, with all the characters staying in character the majority of the time, even while fighting off said zombies. He was going to call it "Knight of the Dead".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamazaki View Post
A buddy of mine had a similar idea for a video game: zombie-survival game but it all starts at a ren fair, with all the characters staying in character the majority of the time, even while fighting off said zombies. He was going to call it "Knight of the Dead".
I'm thinking more the crazy anachronisms on display at a Ren Faire and forcing the players to act out those. "And now we will see a traditional presidential election -- all seven candidates will be locked in a house and the viewers at home will get a chance to vote them out. The last person in the house gets to be blamed for everything wrong that happens in the next decade, but they also get to be on television whenever they want."

Quote:
I'm thinking more the crazy anachronisms on display at a Ren Faire and forcing the players to act out those. "And now we will see a traditional presidential election -- all seven candidates will be locked in a house and the viewers at home will get a chance to vote them out. The last person in the house gets to be blamed for everything wrong that happens in the next decade, but they also get to be on television whenever they want."
And we will soon see this being pitched for the summer 2019 lineup on CBS.

Quote:
The PCs all have the same dream, and don't realize it until they meet up that morning.
Did that one.

Quote:
The PCs all show up for their first day of work at a new company, but uncover a horrifying secret.
I think I signed-up for that one, the GM bailed.

Quote:
The PCs win a battle of the bands competiton.... dedicated to Quetzalcoatl.
Haven’t done that one yet, sounds like fun.

Quote:
The PCs all sign for a three hour tour, a three hour tour.
Masterwork coconut radios.