This week in video games... - Page 729 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Holy Wor View Post
my only real complaint is that the game felt a bit short. I think the story would have benefited from maybe 2-4 additional hours of story to add more details and character developpment.
How long did it took you to beat it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalD View Post
How long did it took you to beat it?
something like 20hs-25 hours spread out over the course of the friday and the weekend

The Switch Online service was rolled out. I subbed for a year since it's not a lot, and now I can play a bunch of NES games on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
The Switch Online service was rolled out. I subbed for a year since it's not a lot, and now I can play a bunch of NES games on it.
I really want to say "I'm just never going to," because, after, my PS4 has never had an online subscription either. Pokemon gen 8 is coming though and I know... I just know... that I'll give in so I can trade.

By then maybe it will be worth having. The whole way Nintendo is handling it makes me kind of unhappy, the cloud saves in particular being mindnumbing. By the time a Pokemon game drops maybe the retro game list will expand to a more sizable degree and they'll have figured out how cloud saves work without stupid excuses for online games or how to not delete your cloud backup the moment your subscription lapses.

Or how to fix the absurdity that is their voice chat 'solution'...

I got to spend a couple of days with the new Spiderman this week and it's really good! The web-slinging in particular is on point and I enjoy these new versions of Peter, Aunt May, MJ, etc. The combat is sort of a less rigid version of Batman/Arkham "rhythm" combat and it does a better job of transitioning between combat areas and stealth areas.It's just a really well put-together version of Spider-Man and I recommend everyone with a PS4 picks it up.