Myth Weavers' Milestones - Page 83 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Myth Weavers' Milestones

You know...part of me wants to complain that I never got a backrub at 10K posts...then the rest of me dogpiles that part and tells it to keep it's mouth shut.

Who is ready for a really awkward backrub? It comes with the opposite of a happy ending.

I think I've got this right... today, I had my character die for the first time. I've mostly DMed rather than played. And when I have played, it's usually been online and the game's died before my characters. But today, our Barbarian accidentally unleashed several shadows in the room we were visiting, and they all appeared close to my Witch. My Mage Armor had run out, and the three of them all managed to land touch attacks on my, draining all of my strength and killing me instantly. :'(

Goodbye, Mazikeen. You died as you lived: Terrified that your life was too short.

Fortunately, shortly after her funeral the group found a troupe of Varisian Gypsies at her grave, celebrating Mazikeen's life. Among them was her older mentor, Grigori... I wonder if he'll be sticking around?

Congrats! Some of my best stories of games are when characters died! That's a milestone for sure!

I just organised my first nordic LARP (in nordic land too!). It was a 2 day full immersion firefly bonanza and everything went awesome!! I may have to make another one..

Woah! That's awesome, Iselin! I've never LARPed, nor been to any Nordic lands. You say it was a "firefly bonanza." I'm not sure if that means that there were fireflies everywhere as you were LARPing, or something else?

I would recommend going to nordic lands and larping and am only a little bit bias I meant it was a Firefly LARP! As in good old Mal Reynolds and the good ship Serenity (only in a different part of the verse with different characters).

This is like an anti-milestone. Sort of.

Today, I archived my last two games, leaving me with none to GM anymore. One, DocWagon Seattle First Response, lasted 11 years. Until today, it was the oldest Shadowrun game on the Weave for quite some time. The other, Evash: Ithra, lasted 10 years.

So, I suppose my milestone is that my life has come to the point where I don't have the ability to focus on hobbies anymore because I'm too busy starting to earn a living as a writer.

Yay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post

Today, I archived my last two games, leaving me with none to GM anymore. One, DocWagon Seattle First Response, lasted 11 years. Until today, it was the oldest Shadowrun game on the Weave for quite some time. The other, Evash: Ithra, lasted 10 years.

So, I suppose my milestone is that my life has come to the point where I don't have the ability to focus on hobbies anymore because I'm too busy starting to earn a living as a writer.

Yay?
That's a hell of a run on both of them; some serious dedication there and I applaud you for that. Don't think anyone could fault you for putting your job ahead of your hobby, especially since you're still staying active creatively. Here's wishing you success and hopefully life will settle down for you enough to return to GMing. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post

Yay?
Congratulations?

All kidding aside Dauph, I'm SUPER proud for you with how your writing has taken off. I keep up with it on Amazon and look forward to seeing your work hit the (digital) shelf. I wish you long, and storied (heh ) success on that score!

AFA you games, I was privileged to play in Evash, even if it was ever so briefly, and the fact that it ran for so long, as did your SR game, is an amazing feat. That definitely deserves congratulations!