Cat Helicopter - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Cat Helicopter

I love it! The Orvillecopter is made of winsauce and victory!

Hell, I was just planning to make a hat out of my cat when he dies, but I like this idea better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchant View Post
That bit about the cat being dead for two days doesn' jive with the facts. A cat that is two days dead is more than a little rank. Where did he keep the cat for two days before he had an epiphany? Did he stick it in the fridge for the mourning period? Is this Belgian custom? Was it winter and the cat was still fresh two days later when he dried his tears? I don't think he offed his cat for the sake of art, but I believe that fact to be a little fluffery.
Dunno, when the dog died we kept the body in the basement for a few days before Dad could dig a grave (though looking back on it as an adult, that's a little odd). There actually wasn't any smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The article
Dutch artist Bart Jansen
Quote:
Is this Belgian custom?
Emphasis mine. Your question doesn't jive very well with the facts there, either...

**insert joke about Americans being ignorant of European cultural diversity**

I'll go grab my coat before the US send an army after me for "being anti-American and thus a terrorist". I mean yeah I can be a terror sometimes (don't even try asking some of my exes, they'll just scream and have a mental breakdown if you're lucky) but that's a different matter entirely.

Back to the seriousness:
During the mixi epidemic in some summer of the late 90s, it took several weeks for the rabbit corpses to decay. This was the height of summer in the most southerly part of the UK. It was a pretty hot summer too if I remember right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnas View Post
I'll go grab my coat before the US send an army after me for "being anti-American and thus a terrorist". I mean yeah I can be a terror sometimes (don't even try asking some of my exes, they'll just scream and have a mental breakdown if you're lucky) but that's a different matter entirely.
I'm honestly at a loss as to what that has to do with anything.

EDIT: Unless it's a joke playing on the stereotypical European snobbishness and ignorance of American culture.

We snobbish about ignorant Americans? We woudn't dare

The guy said (in Dutch) that he put the cat in his freezer while working out what he was going to do with it. I don't know how long he waited before doing that or what the ambient temperature was at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbender View Post
We snobbish about ignorant Americans? We woudn't dare
Shouldn't pick on idiots. We'll drag you down to our level and beat you with experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Dunno, when the dog died we kept the body in the basement for a few days before Dad could dig a grave (though looking back on it as an adult, that's a little odd). There actually wasn't any smell.
Yeah, here by me the ground is frozen a few months out of the year and if a person is too cheap to pay for an expensive professional burial but also not callous enough to just chuck it in the garbage with their coffee grounds usually they'll just put it in some bags in the freezer until spring.

But it got hit by a car so there is likely to be some injuries. Injuries to the guts and it'd start stinking in a few hours if it's warm out. If the body was in tact it wouldn't start to stink right away though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikul View Post
Emphasis mine. Your question doesn't jive very well with the facts there, either...
Sorry, I neglected the fact that I lived in Holland as a child and learned to speak both Dutch and Belgian since the two countries are close neighbors. I know that it's not normal for the Dutch to 'save pets' in a freezer when they die. The guy was displaying the cat in a Belgian museum so I assume he lives in Belgium.

Your assumptions say more about you than me, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Sorry, I neglected the fact that I lived in Holland as a child and learned to speak both Dutch and Belgian since the two countries are close neighbors. I know that it's not normal for the Dutch to 'save pets' in a freezer when they die. The guy was displaying the cat in a Belgian museum so I assume he lives in Belgium.

Your assumptions say more about you than me, I'm afraid.
Firstly, there's no 'Belgian' language. There's Flemish, which is a variant of Dutch much like American English is a 'variant' of English, and there's French. But, sorry, no Belgian.
Secondly, I didn't make any assumptions, I simply compared one sentence you wrote with one sentence that was in the article you presented and demonstrated they are incompatible. This required no assumptions other than that 'Dutch' and 'Belgian' are different nationalities. If you're referring to the 'American' jokes that followed, those weren't by my hand and I cannot be held responsible for them.

My underlying point was actually that if you're going to be pointing out details, you may want to start by making sure you've got the details straight. Which you, again, didn't.