arcane shuffle - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

arcane shuffle

I would just like to thank you for making a low level utility spell.

In worlds where people can do use low level magic pretty easily, there just doesn't seem to be enough utility spells...

EDIT
To clarify, this totally has my seal of approval.

I like the spell too. But I don't know that I agree with JJeff. Why do you need to say "The books being targeted by this spell must all be owned by the caster"? Why doesn't the "must not have to make a spellcraft check to memorize the spell" cover this potential abuse?

I like the spell too. But I don't know that I agree with JJeff. Why do you need to say "The books being targeted by this spell must all be owned by the caster"? Why doesn't the "must not have to make a spellcraft check to memorize the spell" cover this potential abuse?

It kinda prevents the abuse, yes... I just prefered it like this, as it would increase the useflness of the spell in a non-muchkin fashion. This would allow you to re-shuffle a spell book given to you/ bought by you/ Found as loot.

Normally, the above circumstances would always require you to need a spellcraft check to prepare the spells as the book wasn't penned by you, even if you owned the book for years and years.

IF you feel that you don't want the spell to be used in the above fashion... then revert back to the "must not have to make a spellcraft check to memorize the spell" version, just remove the " must be known by the wizard " part.... else it could get confusing...

It kinda prevents the abuse, yes... I just prefered it like this, as it would increase the useflness of the spell in a non-muchkin fashion. This would allow you to re-shuffle a spell book given to you/ bought by you/ Found as loot.

Normally, the above circumstances would always require you to need a spellcraft check to prepare the spells as the book wasn't penned by you, even if you owned the book for years and years.

IF you feel that you don't want the spell to be used in the above fashion... then revert back to the "must not have to make a spellcraft check to memorize the spell" version, just remove the " must be known by the wizard " part.... else it could get confusing...

Thank all of you for your posts. So, JJeff I think I like it the original way then. I don't want the spell to be able to be used to grab spells from other spellbooks that you haven't penned. That would be a cool spell (maybe greater Arcane Shuffle?) but I think it would have to be much higher level because of the possibilities you suggested earlier. This is as loki says just meant to be a low level utility spell. So the not making a spellcraft caveat covers it then, right?

Thank all of you for your posts. So, JJeff I think I like it the original way then. I don't want the spell to be able to be used to grab spells from other spellbooks that you haven't penned. That would be a cool spell (maybe greater Arcane Shuffle?) but I think it would have to be much higher level because of the possibilities you suggested earlier. This is as loki says just meant to be a low level utility spell. So the not making a spellcraft caveat covers it then, right?