D&D 5e Homebrew - Myth-Weavers

D&D 5e Homebrew

D&D 5e Homebrew

I have a couple game ideas rattling around in my head and need some help deciding which to focus on. One such idea is a homebrewed D&D 5e campaign. This would rely heavily on PC backgrounds to mold plots/subplots. Rough details:
  • Set in a homebrewed world.
  • Expect to do some occasional one-on-one RP via Discord PMs.
  • I'd prefer to play via MapTool, but Roll20 is adequate for D&D. Voice via Discord.
  • D&D 5e is much preferred, but I can go with either D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder if there's a consensus.
  • Played on a weekday, somewhere between either 11am to 5pm or 9:30pm to 2am CDT/CST.
  • Looking for anywhere between 4 and 6 players who are consistent and enjoy roleplaying as much as roll-playing.

I've never GMed 5e, but I have (extensively) in earlier versions, going all the way back to the original edition D&D (yes, I'm that old). If you're interested in playing, please reply to this thread. But if you'd rather play something else, check out my other two posts in this forum for a Hero System supers campaign and a GURPS mystery/suspense campaign.

I'm interested. And I feel you, brother, about being old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadams2 View Post
I have a couple game ideas rattling around in my head and need some help deciding which to focus on. One such idea is a homebrewed D&D 5e campaign. This would rely heavily on PC backgrounds to mold plots/subplots. Rough details:
  • Set in a homebrewed world.
  • Expect to do some occasional one-on-one RP via Discord PMs.
  • I'd prefer to play via MapTool, but Roll20 is adequate for D&D. Voice via Discord.
  • D&D 5e is much preferred, but I can go with either D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder if there's a consensus.
  • Played on a weekday, somewhere between either 11am to 5pm or 9:30pm to 2am CDT/CST.
  • Looking for anywhere between 4 and 6 players who are consistent and enjoy roleplaying as much as roll-playing.

I've never GMed 5e, but I have (extensively) in earlier versions, going all the way back to the original edition D&D (yes, I'm that old). If you're interested in playing, please reply to this thread. But if you'd rather play something else, check out my other two posts in this forum for a Hero System supers campaign and a GURPS mystery/suspense campaign.
From the way it sounds youíre looking to do some sort of hybrid/Discord game on a regular day?
If so Iíll offer some of my observations. Iíve found that for whatever the reasons are many folks are hesitant to get on Discord and finding a group that can commit to a weekly session is pretty difficult. Most folks on MW have found PbP because by nature of varying life/work/family commitments the PbP style is what fits better. If you decided to run a game here on MW thatís a standard PbP style you would certainly gain plenty of interest. Just my two cents and I hope itís delivered in a kind fashion, thatís the intent

Also worth noting, the site rules do require if you are advertising a game here on MW, you need to use the site in some way, shape, or form. You might want to note that so the post isn't just deleted.

I've decided to go forward with a Hero Supers campaign instead of the D&D game; I have a game listing posted on Roll20 for anyone who may be interested. I still may do a D&D game if resources permit.

Not sure if it requires a response as they were making a statement rather than asking a question. I do however apologize if I've violated the site's policies.

That said, I've decided to do with the Hero Supers campaign, although that doesn't preclude me from running a D&D campaign if I find I have the time to do so at a later date.