Quick questions and answers - Page 1303 - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Endure Sunlight from Libris Mortis (pg 26)

Quote:
You can resist all dangerous effects of sunlight for a number of rounds equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier (minimum 1 round). After this time, if you are still exposed to sunlight, you take the normal effects as appropriate for your kind.

dnd 5e

Gourmand feat mentions ~
"As an action, you can inspect a drink or plate of food within 5 feet of you and determine whether it is poisoned, provided that you can see and smell it." I assume this means the 'drink or plate of food' and not that the poison is noticable via sight/smell correct?

---
Rogues archtype thiefs -Second-Story Work
"At 3rd level, climbing no longer costs you extra movement." Does this just refer to the normal 2 to 1 exchange, or would this also negate difficult terrain adding an additional 1 to 1 per ft of move?

Just trying to see if this is worth taking if I already had a climb speed from Mariner or if this was effectively just climb speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothmar View Post
dnd 5e

Gourmand feat mentions ~
"As an action, you can inspect a drink or plate of food within 5 feet of you and determine whether it is poisoned, provided that you can see and smell it." I assume this means the 'drink or plate of food' and not that the poison is noticable via sight/smell correct?
Yes, it means that you can see and smell the drink or plate of food, not the poison.

Quote:
Rogues archtype thiefs -Second-Story Work
"At 3rd level, climbing no longer costs you extra movement." Does this just refer to the normal 2 to 1 exchange, or would this also negate difficult terrain adding an additional 1 to 1 per ft of move?

Just trying to see if this is worth taking if I already had a climb speed from Mariner or if this was effectively just climb speed.
This means that you can climb at your normal walk speed, not that difficult terrain doesn't affect you. This ability does not negate difficult terrain.

3.5 D&D:

Item Familiars
Stone of Weight (aka Lodestone) and -2 Sword

So...if you can make cursed items that won't go away without considerable effort, can you make an item familiar that won't go away without considerable effort? Smash-proof, steal-proof, give-away-proof, disintegration-proof, basically anything-short-of-disjunction-proof? How much would it cost?