This week in video games... - Page 758 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Anyone playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses yet? The pricetag has stopped me from pulling the trigger and downloading it so far, but man, it sure does look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
Anyone playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses yet? The pricetag has stopped me from pulling the trigger and downloading it so far, but man, it sure does look good.
Apparently it is very good but I know nothing about the franchise so I'm not sure if I will get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrimosa View Post
I appreciate your efforts!
Right, I managed to get a good 1.5 hours playtime on AoW:PlanetFall this evening. Gets

Yes, the campaign story is a little hackneyed (but that's part of it's charm) and the AI might be a trifle unbalanced at the moment (either that or I just suck at combat) but it's definitely fun.

Not too much different to the last AoW in terms of the engine, so if you've played that, you can be pretty sure you know what you're getting.

Krimson, it's a great series. SRPG style with permadeath, so each choice (and soldier) matters. I've played every one up to this one between Gameboys, DSs and Wii!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
Krimson, it's a great series. SRPG style with permadeath, so each choice (and soldier) matters. I've played every one up to this one between Gameboys, DSs and Wii!
I'll keep an eye open. I'm kind of trying to hold off buying new games while I have a backlog, though I do have two vouchers. One is earmarked for Pokemon Shield and the only other game I have considered that can use it is Daemon x Machina. But I am not in a hurry. Still, it does sound interesting and based on the buzz it is probably really good.

As the resident Fire Emblem fan who cannot currently afford the game, I'm hearing but good things about the game. The harshest debate I've seen so far, across half a dozen different platforms, is which route is the best and if one of them is morally justified.

Even the waifu talk is unbelievably non-argumentative.

I'm on the third month of new Fire Emblem. I have very few gripes and huge amounts of love for it so far.

Nice. I've played those suckers since the Game Boy days, so I'm looking forward to this one after a price drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaphone View Post
I uninstalled World of Warships today.

Over 2,000 battles I've got a 56% win rate and am rated as a "Great" player, and a unicum in some ships.

But the past few weeks have been, without doubt, the worst, most frustrating weeks of play in a game I once considered relaxing but exciting fun. The quality of players in the past few weeks has nosedived to abysmal levels to the point that 90% of games are a one-sided curb-stomp.

The game was once great fun and an (admitted) source of gaming pride in a solid record. But in the past few weeks that fun has turned to exhaustion, frustration and resentment. Thus, the game has been uninstalled.

I'm now looking forward to the launch of classic WoW in 3 weeks.

I uninstalled about two months ago for those exact same reasons. Over 8k games and 57% winrate, but WarGaming has adjusted their matchmaking to create faster matches so they can brag about the quantity, even though the quality of said matches has dropped significantly.

Where it was common to see games take 15-20 minutes, oftentimes coming down to the clock running out, it's not unusual now to see games take under 8 minutes because they are a one-sided curbstomp. This isn't fun for anyone, but as WarGaming explicitly announced on Facebook with their 8.0 glorious carrier revamp, Comrades, they don't care about what the playerbase wants.

For that reason, WarGaming is on the short list of publishers (headed by EA) that I have told Steam to never suggest to me. No company that treats their playerbase like trash deserves to stay in business.

You said it mate. The CV rework was an absolute disaster that changed me from being a unicum player in the Taiho, to absolutely despising the class and hoping they get deleted from the game.

The recent announcement of Submarines is interesting, and if I get bored of WoW Classic I might swing by and try them out. But at the moment, I'll watch Flamu on stream and Jingles uploads for entertainment value while pressing F to pay respects to fond memories of a game gone.