Myth Weavers' Milestones - Page 91 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Myth Weavers' Milestones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
I ran a D&D game (Evash) that lasted 10 years, and also a Shadowrun game (DocWagon) that lasted 11 because it started elsewhere and ran for a year there before porting over here. Both came to an arc ending point and had trouble picking up again to start a new arc. I also had an M&M game (Maze Beset) that ran for 7 years. Did not complete because of Real Life intruding.

You were pretty much the Queen of the Long Running Campaign Dauph.

I played in a campaign that ran for 21 years. It started with AD&D and finished in 2e with a proper conclusion and everything. Our characters failed to save the world and everybody died in a final, climactic battle. It was glorious.

And Hover hereby earns my eternal gaming respect. That's fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildly_competent View Post
Oh, that is helpful. I'm not sure if it auto-updates or is manually updated (looking at the top of the screen where it says "Updating in progress, 2012". But that little "Average Duration of Games (in days): 167" bit will be useful when people ask how long games tend to last. Maybe not as good as the Median, but I'll take it!

Ithimar WOULD have the game with the highest post count.

Let's see...
Lots of mods running long-time games. Not so surprising! It looks like there's a wall around 7 years that games hit (Gulp!), and that the "record", as best I can tell, is 12 years.

Wow...I don't know what to say, seeing this post and looking at these numbers, its incredible!

First off, MASSIVE shoutouts and thank-yous to my players, they have been beyond amazing and superbly talented. At times I felt we were writing legitimate novel-quality stuff, and it really warmed my heart and soul to play with them over the years!
@MoreDread
@chosenpath17
@Jardyne Clan
@Garak Nightblade
@steampunkadept
@TheFred
@Wiz
@CylonSylon
@Squeak
@Meinos Kaen
@Woozywyvern
@Mook_Fodder
@Sonata
@Scyclone
@ShubNiggurath
@Itzchy
@Keashi
@Alexander Rose
@ViperUSMC
@freefallin1309
@P4yne
@Lodwilk
@TobyGon
@Nereas
@DarkAngel
@tbonejc

THAT IS OVER TWO DOZEN PLAYERS - 2 Dozen! (26 to be exact)

This game was my very first DMing of anything, anywhere, online or offline, in any system, period. The fact that it was PbP really helped me grow and develop as a DM at my own pace, and with amazing tools here on Myth-Weavers to do so.
I started online DnD on the old site, DnDOnlineGames(now RPGCrossing), and really loved this community (and still do, though I play offline now primarily)

And this game, Sunset over the Realms, is where I tried something I don't think I've seen or heard done(although i'm sure it has, its gotta be crazy rare) - I put out a post for new players for the game, but brought them in as leaders of an opposing Siege Army against the Current PC's town, and had a full-blown PvP Siege at the Gates type situation, WITHOUT THEM KNOWING until well into the fight!
It was amazing, really I think one of the highlights of my DnD career online or offline!
If you'd like to check it out, please enjoy

I can't believe that it's been 12 years for our game, we had a ton of fun, amazing adventures, but it does leave me with bittersweet emotions.
I made a lot of mistakes as a first-time GM, but chief among them was starting more than I could finish. I think my lack of ability to, or desire to (or fear of?) resolution and plot completion hurt the game, but many TV series fall into that same boat of never really having an ending, and I feel that that is a solid analogue to our game.

This has been an awesome trip down memory lane, and I think I'll be re-watching the Sunset, it was always beautiful

All the love
- Leova

All I can say is that I enjoyed my time on Sunset of the Realms, it was a good game. We tried to keep it going longer, but perhaps like an object approaching the speed of light in the real universe asymtotes toward an infinite mass... some games become harder and harder to push along. I'm not sure, but I had fun. Thanks ALL and thanks @leova!

And Willow Ardent still loves Magnir Hrotthson @CylonSylon :heart:

Yeah, I can definitely say that for what time I was on Sunset, I loved it. Before I got in, I spent so much time reading over the whole games history for weeks. XD It was so damn good. @leova did a great job and it was a fun experience!
@Wiz Awwwwwwh. :heart:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
All I can say is that I enjoyed my time on Sunset of the Realms, it was a good game. We tried to keep it going longer, but perhaps like an object approaching the speed of light in the real universe asymtotes toward an infinite mass... some games become harder and harder to push along. I'm not sure, but I had fun. Thanks ALL and thanks @leova!

And Willow Ardent still loves Magnir Hrotthson @CylonSylon :heart:
You know what they say, the brighter and hotter you burn...
sometimes RL just smacks you over the head with a wrench

Hey!! Thanks Leova!! It was indeed interesting, though I was part of it for only a short period. I really hope to get back to a game that was so interesting and engaging as that one!