Netflix previews and hidden gems - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Netflix previews and hidden gems

Netflix previews and hidden gems

A place to share something you liked or for a preview you are looking forward to.

Witcher looks interesting.

I like the witcher verse. I hope the series is good, but the trailer hasn't gotten my hopes up.

It’s not exactly a hidden gem. More a hidden lump of coal.

But I was so amazed when The Outpost got a second season. I was absolutely certain that it had been cancelled, and then I realized that I had never actually read that — it was just that it had seemed so obvious that it would be cancelled that it had assumed the status of fact in my mind.

I mean, it’s not good. Not good at all. But now I find myself rooting for the show to succeed. It’s like someone bet their friends that they could turn their D&D campaign into a television series, and,
ht: Stanley Kaufman
my God, they’re actually doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voord 99 View Post
It’s not exactly a hidden gem. More a hidden lump of coal.
I wouldn't necessarily say that. I mean Henry Cavill was interested in the project before it was even a project and moreover he seems familiar with the source material and genuinely wanted to be a part of it. How many shows have a lead who is actually interested in the lore of the show BEFORE it even exists? So I'm cautiously optimistic.

The German show Dark is a hidden gem and the Korean series Kingdom was also fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say that. I mean Henry Cavill was interested in the project before it was even a project and moreover he seems familiar with the source material and genuinely wanted to be a part of it. How many shows have a lead who is actually interested in the lore of the show BEFORE it even exists? So I'm cautiously optimistic.
To clarify, I was talking about what I went on to talk about - it was a reply to Zod’s original post, not yours. No insult to The Witcher intended. Although given its profile, I would not call it “hidden”...

What's "Hidden" probably depends upon what Netflix presents to you based on your previous viewing. Dark shows up pretty prominently for me, for example (I haven't watched it but may give it a try).

I recently watched Ascension which I liked a lot. All in all, it wasn't that great and the later half especially got a bit weird, but I still enjoyed it plenty. It reminded me of Bioshock a bit.

Upcoming Invader Zim movie? If we expand from netflix Critters: the new binge was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voord 99 View Post
To clarify, I was talking about what I went on to talk about - it was a reply to Zod’s original post, not yours. No insult to The Witcher intended. Although given its profile, I would not call it “hidden”...
Yeah my bad reading skills are to blame.