Trying to get some love for 4th - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Trying to get some love for 4th

Trying to get some love for 4th

Hey all, I am new to this site and am trying to get together some players for Dark Sun 4e campaign. I know there is not alot of love for 4e, but I enjoy it immensely. I guess I am just trying to see who out there loves 4e and might wanna game with me. If you are new to 4e, that is fine, I only have about 1 year of experience with it too. Anyways, if you wanna try some 4e and are just curious, send me a message thanks. I know there are 4e lovers out there lol.

The best advice I could give you would be to, once you have a campaign ready for running, to just put up a recruitment add. While 4e is not as popular as pathfinder, 3.5 and 5e as far as DnD goes, there is still a fair number of players on the Weave, you just need to catch their attention.

@Knight of Holy War
Thank you, yes I have posted a game ad for 4e, but I think it takes 3 days for it to appear. I have checked since yesterday and I still dont see my ad. I hope I did it right lol, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus37 View Post
@Knight of Holy War
Thank you, yes I have posted a game ad for 4e, but I think it takes 3 days for it to appear. I have checked since yesterday and I still dont see my ad. I hope I did it right lol, thanks.
Not sure, mine usually appear right away, might be because you are new to the site. You could ask one of the admins.

Anyway, once the add shows. If you advertise it, they will come.

@corvus37 it looks like you made a post in Game Planning, you have not yet made a game ad. Would you like the second post in Game Planning removed?

In addition, make sure to glance at other game ads to get a feel for what sort of details to ensure are included. Good luck!

I'm potentially interested in a 4e game... keep us posted here when you have that game up... I might want to play some interesting concepts (like minotaur barbarian with a gladiator background)... you'll have to be precise about what you allow or not, lest I want to play, say a githzerai monk or a Dwarf/Mul battlemind

I will say, though there is not a lot of 4e going on right now, whenever an ad pops up, there is usually a quite reasonable response. (And when there isn't, there is usually a reason unrelated to edition.)

I never really understood why so much dislike for 4e. Honestly, I think it's one of the most fun editions to play.
That being said, a play-by-post 4e game requires some external assistance because tactical maps are really necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond View Post
I never really understood why so much dislike for 4e. Honestly, I think it's one of the most fun editions to play.
That being said, a play-by-post 4e game requires some external assistance because tactical maps are really necessary.
Simple: although the mechanics for that game are beautifully made and a pleasure to play with (especially if you have Hero Lab and a printer to make your charsheeets with all bonuses automatically calculated), it's simply too different from 3ed and too close to what one would expect from a video game, people were saying it simply wasn't D&D anymore.

Pretty much. I like and defend 4e, I've spent a good deal of time over the years correcting some of the more common errors people make about it, but ultimately, I know I'm not changing many minds because it's a matter of taste. I had a definite advantage in accepting 4e because I played so many different systems over the years. So even if it "wasn't D&D", I didn't necessarily need it to be. But plenty of others did, and it failed them.