D&D fluffed as Fall Out - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

D&D fluffed as Fall Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirocco View Post
Thou shalt not work within the quick reply pad.
Thou shalt always use notepad for long posts, and copyeth thy material from it!
Noted. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirocco
Best of luck
Bah! So you can't criticize anything but the fact that it's too detailed? What are you, afraid? Come, foul knave!
----

Character Sheet for the other game

Yeah, that one seems a bit too detailed (yes... even for my tastes). Too much to keep track of.

When I make a character sheet, it probably won't look as 'professional' - but there shouldn't be as much to keep track of.

A lot of the numbers are already for the GM - players might not even know their own stamina except when the GM tells them they're 'getting tired'.
----

What I need you guys to do is pretend that you want to make a character using my system. If there's any detail you don't understand, tell me. Only then is it possible for me to fix it for clarity. Thanks.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something I said earlier
But I'll get back to you on that.

I wanna be honest, for your benefit:
Actually, I never will. :P

I'm hoping that once these rules get enough clarity and coverage with actual meat, the person I was addressing will find the answer.

Will just say, that instead of creating a system from scratch, you should check the published material for fallout games, I believe they are D20 also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalD View Post
Will just say, that instead of creating a system from scratch, you should check the published material for fallout games, I believe they are D20 also.
So, you want me to have a combat system that drags on and on then, so that the plot won't advance very quickly?

I don't know who you play with to believe that combat gets dragged on and on, but in fallout, the plot doesn't really advance quickly, with the thousands of mutants, bandits, fiends in the different cities, lands or whoever you wanna call it.

Well it depends on what plot you're talking about. There are many plots in fall out. That whole 'ongoing war' is an overriding plot, and not particularly interesting - like you said, nothing regarding THAT will get solved very quickly.

So the speed of the plot is still important - players want to finish quests and become heroes, right?

Quote:
I don't know who you play with to believe that combat gets dragged on and on, but in fallout
I play with myself (no pun intended).