Notices

Mass Effect Powered By Starfinder

Old Jun 12 '19, 6:43pm
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Mass Effect Powered By Starfinder

Mass Effect: Keep the Relays Spinning - Forum
Starfinder

G'Day folks, I'm soon to start this campaign for my local players as an alternative to our FLGS sessions, but I thought I'd expand the potential player base to any interested members of the Weave as well.

The application process will last for approximately ten days, with applications needing to be finished before I'll review them for play. If you have any questions, either post them here, in the game's OOC thread or send them to me directly

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Game Description:

The Reapers are dead, destroyed by a blast from the Crucible empowered Citadel floating in orbit above the human homeworld of Earth, yet at the cost of the entire network of mass relays that had previously united star systems that were lifetimes apart, with these massive enablers of faster than light travel left heavily damaged and in desperate need of repair.

Thankfully, the completed repairs to the Sol relay revealed that it was still capable of connecting to the other damaged relays in its section of the network, which lead to the theory that teams could be sent from relay to relay, repairing all those down the line so that galactic society could begin its own restoration.

This is the story of one of these repair crews, who've said farewell to their comrades in the Sol system to brave the uncertainty of star systems left burning by the Reaper invasion and of what threats may still linger. They'll need all the help they can get, so will you join them?

MASS EFFECT: KEEP THE RELAYS SPINNING

This is a Starfinder campaign set after the events of Mass Effect 3 if the Destroy ending was chosen and focuses on war weary veterans venturing out to reconnect with those systems cut off by the damage from the Crucible. In doing so, they're likely to come across jaded survivors, opportunistic pirates and beasts whose numbers are swelling thanks to all the corpses laying around.

Characters will start at level 5, can only choose from Humans or one of the homebrewed Mass Effect races supplied in this game's subforum and will start with 10,000 credits.

Equipment will be chosen as normal, with a default maximum item level of 7 unless you seek approval for higher tier gear that bolsters your character concept.

Ability scores will be handled as follows
1) Start with 10 in all ability scores
2) Apply racial ability modifiers
3) Optionally, reassign up to 5 points between abilities, to a minimum score of 5 and a maximum score of 18
4) Apply 10 points of increases as per usual
5) Increase ability scores at level 5 as per usual

Posting Requirements: I'm going to ask for roughly one post every three days, with characters who miss a reply being skipped and their actions being automated by me, although this won't usually involve me speaking on their behalf unless another character is waiting on their response.

I'm not big on Starfinder (I'd much prefer an engine that ran with PF2E's rules), but I have been in a mood for something Mass Effect. So I may throw in some interest.

Ooooh...this sounds fun and interesting. StarFinder and ME, two great tastes that taste great together.

I'm going to be super busy with family stuff for the next few days, but I should be free by Monday, so expect an app shortly thereafter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan72laFlay View Post
Any possibility of using Gensys system?
Sorry to disappoint, but no, because prior to you bringing it up I had no idea it even existed

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

I considered doing one with Savage Worlds one time. But as long as you're willing to help with the rules here, I'm definitely interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil Firebird View Post
I considered doing one with Savage Worlds one time. But as long as you're willing to help with the rules here, I'm definitely interested.
Oh course, always happy to help, either PM me or bring it up in the OOC thread

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

The initial application process finishes in two days, if anyone else is interested, with most every completed application to be accepted as I'm keen to have an active crew

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr