Quick questions and answers - Page 1338 - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Are there any resource sites for DnD 5e, kind of like how Pathfinder has d20pfsrd?

The ones I've come across seem to be either very limited or feature broken homebrew stuff mixed in.

The SRD-legal material for 5e is substantially more limited than that for Pathfinder or even 3.5, but can be found here, and presumably elsewhere as well.

Dnd 5e

If I perform a shove, can I also pop a thunderous smite since its an attack action and potentially weapon bash something 15ft away if everything goes well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothmar View Post
Dnd 5e

If I perform a shove, can I also pop a thunderous smite since its an attack action and potentially weapon bash something 15ft away if everything goes well?
I don't think that works. Shove is not a melee weapon attack for Thunderous Smite to trigger off from.

Grey -

So it all depends on if the gm is willing to 'rule of cool' and say that clubbing an opponent backwards counts as a 'shove'.

But yeah nothing in the shove descriptor says you 'cant' use a weapon to perform it or that you have to do it unarmed which is why I was curious since it was an attack action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothmar View Post
Grey -

So it all depends on if the gm is willing to 'rule of cool' and say that clubbing an opponent backwards counts as a 'shove'.

But yeah nothing in the shove descriptor says you 'cant' use a weapon to perform it or that you have to do it unarmed which is why I was curious since it was an attack action.
Clubbing an opponent backwards, whether with a shield or not, counts as a Shove. You can also push a foe back with the head of a maul or hammer, and it'd still count as a Shove. Likewise, tripping an opponent to the floor, whether with a quarterstaff or not, is also a Shove, per the rules/mechanics of the game.

The point I'm trying to make is that a Shove is not a Melee Weapon Attack, even if you do it with a weapon or shield. It is a Special Melee Attack, but it is not a Melee Weapon Attack, which is an important distinction with regard to Thunderous Smite.

Now, a shield bash would count as a Melee Weapon Attack, but a shield bash is not a shove.

Is there a proper term for a knight who was given title and agency in a country but not land itself yet? In that you can serve any noble under the monarch in service of the realm as a whole. ex: Unless one was declared a traitor by the king I couldn't help Baron a infight with his neighbor in the country (but with a neighbor across the border sure). Or I could patrol the territory of Duke X and kill bandits/monsters to uphold the kings justice (and if there happens to be a bounty all the better).

Had a displaced noble concept and he's been growing up and training in the neighboring country and basically been mercing for the various nobles and their territories since he was old enough. He relates more towards the country he's grown up in and served then his 'homeland' since he hasn't lived there since he was 5. IE -the place the game has been taking place in for the first two arks so far.

Would it not just be Knight-errant, or possibly Hedge-Knight (although I'm not 100% certain if the Hedge-Knight is purely a term out of fiction or whether it has actual historical relevance).

Thanks Suzuki. They'll work for my groups fairly lax house setting.