Quick questions and answers - Page 1238 - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Pathfinder

Im thinking of blending a Channelers asperguillum and an Everflowing asperguillum into one item for fun and efficiency to a character theme (i've way too invested in feats and items into a channel build so I cant stop now even if we're going 12+). I dont really melee all that much since im shitty hp and low Bab cause of Enovy of balance levels so the weapon is more just accent/flair.

Any advice on other add ons you might suggest to make the thing a better character support? My role is healer and party support primarily.

I occasionally chuck in a handful of damage spells too but i've been meaning to start the challenge on an achievement feat and go for the 1-10k something in heals without causing damage so I can apply free maximize to my heals that are already empowered for free as well.

Pathfinder

Martyring - This armor allows the wearer to capitalize on her own injuries to heal her allies. Once per day as an immediate action, when an enemy confirms a critical hit against someone wearing martyring armor, the wearer can heal up to nine allies within 30 feet as if using the mass cure light wounds spell (1d8+9 hit points each). This special ability cannot be placed on armor that possesses an ability that reduces the chance of or negates a critical hit (such as the fortification special ability).

Would negating a critical hit through something like the ironskin spell cause this armor effect to not occur? Ie - I have to take the damage in order to pump out the heal?

Ironskin: "[...] you can dismiss this spell to negate the critical hit or sneak attack and treat it is as a normal hit."

A normal hit is not a confirmed critical hit. I would surmise that you must actually be subject to a critical hit and take it full in the face to trigger the armor. Of course, there is the prospect of damage reduction as a means of mitigating the damage while still triggering the mass CLW.

Pathfinder

If a mythic spell has notes like Augmented (3rd), does that mean I need to be that tier of mythic to use that variation?
ex: Blade barrier

---

Also, am I dumb for thinking that gathering a bunch of hand mirrors and using animate object to create an encircling swarm as a method for temporary potential capturing a vampire would work? *chuckle*

In that all the mirrors would face inward towards the vampire and circle around it. I cant remember what it's called, but I think this is a form of bullying as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothmar View Post
If a mythic spell has notes like Augmented (3rd), does that mean I need to be that tier of mythic to use that variation?
Yes. Also note that that Augmented cost replaces the normal cost of casting a Mythic spell (at least, I'm pretty sure it does, but check that).
Quote:
I cant remember what it's called, but I think this is a form of bullying as well.
It certainly seems like a racially-motivated hate crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
It certainly seems like a racially-motivated hate crime.
*chuckle* I meant as in humans doing it to other humans. I remember hearing about it or seeing it done in some kind of media but im pretty sure it wasn't a racial thing there. Think it was combined with various phrases etc to wear away at the subjects sense of self but it's been awhile...

Granted yeah vs something with a legit mental/physical compulsion related to it I suppose you're correct. Though whether or not its 'racial' would depend on the setting I suppose since vampires more a template/affliction that can effect many races in what im playing but in other media they're their own thing.

Pathfinder

Anyone know of a way to use wisdom instead of intelligence on the Appraise skill?

Quote:
Pathfinder

Anyone know of a way to use wisdom instead of intelligence on the Appraise skill?
Second level of Shaman with lore spirit allows you to swap int for wis on all int based skills

Pathfinder

Staffs with spells that have a material component, that mat is paid for when the item is made correct?

ex: If a staff can cast true rez with X charges, do I need to pay the 25k diamond or has that already been done in the creation?

Also if I dont need to pay it cause its been provided in creation, what happens when I recharge it via another spell? Would I then have to pay 25k diamonds on future uses of said spell?

----

Also got an item recently as my mythic tier reward (since our gm chooses them for us) that recharges like a staff but it's highest level spell is True rez and im only 12th level~ so I cant cast 9th level spells to recharge it.

Whats the cheapest cost magic item I can have made that I can use to produce a miracle effect periodically (like once a week/month) ?

I figure miracle was the best choice as a decent 9th level spell just for an ace in the hole when the item is charged and I dont need to use it to put charges back into the thing.