I bid you hello! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

I bid you hello!

I bid you hello!

I'm the Masked Rogue, your most humble and treacherous servant. *bows*
I've been playing D&D for two long yea... sessions!
However my small group lost interest, well, all but me. After fiddling around a bit, I've discovered this site, and hope to be able to adjust well to Play by Post. We played 3.5e, but since I own a 4e Player's Handbook, perhaps I'll try playing it. What do you think? Should I?
Well, that's me in a nutshell.
*blends in shadows*

Welcome to the weave. PbP isn't the quickest way to start a roleplaying career but don't let that discourage you. This community is very forgiving to newcomers. Don't be discouraged if it takes a while to get into your first games that is just how it works around here.

Guess you are right. However, hard to play D&D without other players (not to mention a DM). I'll give a good read to the PHB and then start trying to enter some games.

Probably I should say that I'm mostly interested in DMing, though I don't know how easy that is in PbP without having played a bit first.

It's easier then playing face to face because you can consider your answers for longer but it also requires more work you can't just get a group together and wing it (although that isn't a great idea IRL either). I would really recommend getting into a game to get yourself comfortable with how things work before you start your own game. The good news is that GMs are always in short supply and any game is almost guaranteed to be received warmly.