Frostpunk Apocalypse - there can be only 1! Ok, maybe 2... - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Frostpunk Apocalypse - there can be only 1! Ok, maybe 2...

Old May 16 '19, 1:37pm
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Frostpunk Apocalypse - there can be only 1! Ok, maybe 2...

A Frozen Freaking Paradise - Forum
Apocalypse World

Ad Closes: May 26 '19
Estimated members requested: 1-2

Apocalypse World

Finertown. You walk in and you can smell it. The guzz. Its everywhere. Barrells stacked up high in The Finery and The Basement, even propping up the market stalls in Liberty. Anywhere they can stash it. 'Course the powers that be let us locals share in a little jingle. I mean, they come for it from all'over, right? Like moths to a flame. And in the goddamn freeze a flame's worth more than some serious luxe. Folks'll trade their lives to stay warm. Sell their mama, sell their soul.

Some though, they'll just straight-up try to take it. We got ourselves some decent muscle here, but o'course you never know, right? And others won't be so straight-up about it neither, shifty ice-fallers. And then there's the Wendingo, well no one talks about them. Bloody hell, you never know! I mean, we got it good right now, but well...how long can it last? Its only the apocalypse after all...

Get frosted!

Art by Jakub Kowalczyk

Game-related Crap

@spyrosbaldr, @Hallowed Evening and I are looking for 1-2 more players to get started on this Frostpunk-inspired Apocalypse World game asap, and perhaps even continue our Jungle apocalypse (last ad here)

No need for a PC, just post a thread here please and tell us a little about yourself vis. PbP and AW, and put a link to some of your stuff from other games you'd like to share. That's it. Any questions? See the OOC. Hope to see you at the apocalypse, friend.

System: Apocalypse World 2nd Ed. Playbooks (free) and rules here, also on DrivethruRPG etc.

Setting: Frostpunk-inspired frozen wasteland/apocalypse

Posting Requirements: 3-5 per week until we get further along, and pretty please use the standard post format for IC. Thanks!

Game Description:

Finertown. You walk in and you can smell it. The guzz. Its everywhere. Barrells stacked up high in The Finery and The Basement, even propping up the market stalls in Liberty. Anywhere they can stash it. 'Course the powers that be let us locals share in a little jingle. I mean, they come for it from all'over, right? Like moths to a flame. And in the goddamn freeze a flame's worth more than some serious luxe. Folks'll trade their lives to stay warm. Sell their mama, sell their soul.

Some though, they'll just straight-up try to take it. We got ourselves some decent muscle here, but o'course you never know, right? And others won't be so straight-up about it neither, shifty ice-fallers. And then there's the Wendingo, well no one talks about them. Bloody hell, you never know! I mean, we got it good right now, but well...how long can it last? Its only the apocalypse after all...

Getting close to the finish now

If anyone perusing this thread is interested in the setting, but unsure about playing Apocalypse World for the first time--don't worry!

The system is super simple (all rolls are 2d6+an attribute), but the gameplay is focused on your description of what your character does opposed to you just rolling dice to see what happens. For anyone who likes narrative driven games, creative writing, or sandbox style games, then you owe it to yourself to give this system a go.

I'm not in the game, I just want to encourage more PBTA games on Myth-Weavers. :P

Well said @Handle! Just reminding everyone that the deadline is tonight, Sunday 11:59PM May 26. Cheers!!

Applications are closed. Thanks for your interest