Disney Coming Soon - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Disney Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainsEyePatch View Post

Honestly I don't know why Cartoon network does not have a cheaper ($5) Streaming service at this point.
Probably a lot of inertia there. For years they were part of the same company as one of the largest cable providers (Time Warner) and even though that is no longer true, I'd bet that the habit of supporting cable lingers in the boardroom. Heck, they still have some cable operations under the same corporate umbrella (AT&T), so the incentive might be a bit less than it is for others.

There is supposed to be a coming Warner streaming service, but what exactly it will include is unclear, a bad sign since it was originally supposed to launch this year, some stories have it pushed back to next year already). They already spun off DC content to DC Universe, which also removed some of the most popular content from a Cartoon Network service unless they wanted to double up.

Cartoon Network does have a streaming service for $4.99 a month, with Boomerang. It's not very good, and given the archives of Hanna Barbera and original CN content the selection was disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneDesperado View Post
Cartoon Network does have a streaming service for $4.99 a month, with Boomerang. It's not very good, and given the archives of Hanna Barbera and original CN content the selection was disappointing.
Hmmm. Interesting, but also as you said, rather disappointing.

So do a lot of other people, apparently, based on their profit margin.

I believe they previously had a majority share, but yeah, Hulu is their baby now.

I'm not sure if it's official, but there's at least speculation that Disney+ will only have content up to PG-13 and they'll use Hulu for their R and TV-MA content.

Interesting discussion, they posted their list of tv shows and movies yesterday tho, coming out on Disney+

As expected it's a mix of fox, national geographics and of course all the disney movies coming out this summer.

Some really good stuff there, but I assume that's only a partial list of the stuff they expect folks to get excited about. Because that's a pretty slender list for an entire streaming service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Some really good stuff there, but I assume that's only a partial list of the stuff they expect folks to get excited about. Because that's a pretty slender list for an entire streaming service.
We know that we are getting some Disney + original shows, like Wandavision (Wanda and Vision), Falcon and Bucky , Loki (my guess would be related to what happens in Endgame), Hawkeye, not sure if they will be ready for Launch tho and those are just the originals on the MCU side.

My guess also Disney is probably waiting to get back some content from Netflix (not sure when their streaming of Disney stuffs is ending) explaining the absence of movies like Infinity War or Thor Ragnarok.

For $7.99 per month, considering the price of other services and Disney is most likely going to have a bundle with Hulu now that they own 100% of it, the price will probably be competitive enough, compared to Netflix price increase from 11 to 13$ (for the popular standard sub), DC Universe is $7.99 (with less content), HBO is $14.99 (with GoT ending), Starz is $8.99 (with some popular content like American Gods).

I've been a Hulu subscriber for several years, so hopefully they'll give me a decent option/price break on subscribing to Disney+. My kids are already talking about it, maybe I should make them split the bill with me?