Notices

Calling All Rebels - the Galaxy is looking for Legends

Old Sep 2 '18, 12:52am
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 1206 Post(s)
Calling All Rebels - the Galaxy is looking for Legends

MythWeavers Legends of the Galaxy - Forum
Star Wars: Fantasy Flight Games

Are you a Legend of the Galaxy? Come join fellow Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG fans and play as a community. Looking for players and Game Masters, or those who want to do both! No long application process. Submit a character sheet for review (just to make sure everything is there). Once approved, all tables are first come, first seated. Save the Galaxy, earn some credits, or just escape from the Hutts. No matter your motivation, the Rebellion needs you!

Game Description:

Legends of the Galaxy is a community driven, organized play for the Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG. Unlike Pathfinder Society and Adventurer's League, there are no rigidly defined seasons or modules that must be purchased by the GM. The GM can run a purchased module, one of the free modules available from the Legends of the Galaxy Adventures download page, or a completely original adventure. All three settings are open for play, and characters are not limited to the core book used for creation. An AoE character can be played at a FoD table and vice versa.

Players run through each adventure just like any other game. The difference is that you don't have to search for an open table or go through an extended application process. The only application requirement is that you submit a character sheet for a GM to review and approve for table play. Once a character is approved, they can join any open adventure, first come, first served. You keep a log of the adventures played and awards received, which would be used to show character progression if you attend a live event near you.

In this league, GM's do get awards that can be added to characters, and they may also play a character on their table (!), with certain stipulations. GM's, of course, are also allowed and encouraged to create characters to play on other tables, as well. GM's are responsible for reporting completed adventures on the Legends of the Galaxy site, but you do get rewards at certain numbers of adventures completed. If you are interested in being a GM, send me a PM to be added to that group.

The idea is to bring the community of FFG Star Wars players together to share in adventures and ideas, just as Pathfinder and D&D Adventurer's League do. You can find more information about Legends of the Galaxy on their website.

Ack! I have trouble keeping up with AL and you throw this out

When, in the SW timeline does this take place?

The pre-generated adventures all take place during the time period between the end of the Clone Wars and the Battle of Endor. Individually-created adventures can step outside of that timeframe. There are a lot less season-oriented rules for this league. I imagine that could change over time as it continues to organize, but they have left things pretty open-ended for now.

First adventure is up and awaiting players. Join us for A Night at Tosche Station!

Still looking for players. The first adventure is a quick one-shot. Looking for GM’s, too. New or experienced doesn’t matter. Your love of the game and desire to tell a good story does

I totally want to do this eventually but as you know from your AL game I just donít have the time right now. I will keep an eye on the thread and hopefully it takes off. After watching Solo and reading all The Expanse novels I really really want to do some space adventures.

Are you still accepting players? I would love to join, but I know next to nothing about how this forum works. I do have some experience with FFG Star Wars (mostly Edge of the Empire) and I've DMed and played various editions of D&D for years.

So if someone is willing to give me a crash course in how MythWeavers works, I would be extremely greatful.

@kholinblues...we are always accepting new players AND GM's to the league. Everyone is happy to help out new players! If you click the forum link at the top of the ad, just under my picture, it will take you to the league main folder. From there, you can post any questions in the Cantina and will find instructions for creating characters, etc. You can also PM me for help.

Im interested in making up a Starwars character, to participate in a play by post Starwars role playing game. I have the Starwars core rpg as a pdf, and can upload it to mythweaver sheets.