Skull and Shackles - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Skull and Shackles

Skull and Shackles

I have played the first few levels of Skull and Shackles a few times; the pirate archetype of Rogue was my favorite (as well as talking like Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean). I have been invited to a game with a new player to tabletop, but there will only be three players. I have also been asked to make sheets for the three of us.

What classes would you make for that adventure, since we will be a little short of power and the encounters will not change very much to compensate for that?

Class Restrictions: Only allowed Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Oracle, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Swashbuckler, and Wizard

Race restrictions: Only allowed Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Half-elves, Half-orcs, Halflings, Humans

TL;DR: What classes should I choose to be powerful enough to run the four-man adventure path Skull and Shackles with only three PCs?

My recommendation as a 3 man:

-Druid Shark Shaman or Storm Druid or Cleric
-Sea Witch
-Swashbuckler or Drunken Master Monk

AP are not super optimized...so the archetypes above, should be more than enough to survive the AP. The Monk or Swashbuckler is the front line, the Sea Witch brings arcane and the Druid shark shaman or storm druid brings the nature expertise and divine element spells that you need. If you want to be more flexible or versatile, you could technically switch the druid for a cleric, but cleric starts weaker at early levels.