Feinstein - Congress may act on violent videogames - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Feinstein - Congress may act on violent videogames

Do you think, we will see xbox live go black , to bring awareness to this, like the wiki and other sites black out.

xBox live is a den of filth, from what I've experienced. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if it went dark, temporarily or otherwise.

@Solo: My deepest condolences for having to put up with her. But hey, she does need to be taken out of freaking office.

Seriously, this is a woman who goes on the record saying that "Women cannot defend themselves with the death machines called guns." And has the only Concealed Weapons Permit in her area. She claims she doesn't carry but I'm 99.99% sure that's a lie, and I KNOW she has armed bodyguards with her at all times. This is the same woman who went on a globally syndicated interview and said that the only reason she hasn't had officers of the federal government going door too door taking every gun form every person was that she couldn't get the votes for it at the time, but put's a special exception into her new ban to make sure she can have what ever she likes in the way of firearms (And as many as she likes with what ever accessory's and ammo she fancies.) even as she's GOING door too door and taking everything else form everyone else.

And when that didn't fly, she decided to move onto a new target, one she's hoping will be easier so that in another five-ten years when some other wack-job kills a bunch of people she can hopefully have gotten enough public support built on raw emotion + a precedent form having gotten rid of the games and movies and tv shows now existing, will finally allow her to accomplish that long coveted goal.

This is why the only way to hold an office long enough to die there should be to have a poorly timed heart attack in the first term holding that office, cause it's the only one you'll be allowed. She's been doing this crap in that seat for how long and not gone out on her ear yet?

P.S.: It's still to subtle. The maximum amount of subtly you can use with people like her is a flying mallet, with lit fireworks attached too it, followed by an uncaged alligator with a tooth ache that's just spent the last day not eating and the last 8 hours being poked repeatedly with a sharp stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverthorne View Post
stupidity has not limit. Has anyone checked Feinstein for insanity.
I don't know, but it seems quite ironic that many who will now call her insane never thought to attach that description to her when she piloted the gun legislation. Interesting how she is now a candidate for the rubber room, and simply because she now attacks your own particular method of entertainment (not speaking specifically to you, Silverthorne ).

But, yes, I agree, she is quite bonkers. There are a great deal of people who come out of the woodwork when we have liberal government, and tend to try to run the lives of others - kids yelling "Bang!" in school with their finger pointed as a gun, then hauled off by educational gestapo, for example. My take is that they have a more liberal interpretation of our basic rights, and believe in the rule of the minority.

~Will she go after the most hated gang of the youths, skateboarders? Oh, sorry, that's already happened~

Hey, given a choice between having my guns taken away, and getting hauled off to some African hellhole to be tortured for the CIA, I'll take losing my guns any day. Really guys, this is not the most offensive thing that your government has tried to do. Also, kudos for generalizing everyone left of center with a single brush while crying 'bias bias!' whenever someone takes people like Todd Akin as a representative sample of the people right of center. And you people wonder why your political system is so screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savayan View Post
Hey, given a choice between having my guns taken away, and getting hauled off to some African hellhole to be tortured for the CIA, I'll take losing my guns any day. Really guys, this is not the most offensive thing that your government has tried to do. Also, kudos for generalizing everyone left of center with a single brush while crying 'bias bias!' whenever someone takes people like Todd Akin as a representative sample of the people right of center. And you people wonder why your political system is so screwed up.
And yet without your gun, you'll have no way to stop yourself being hauled off to some African hellhole to be tortured for Obama's amusement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agricolus View Post
I don't know, but it seems quite ironic that many who will now call her insane never thought to attach that description to her when she piloted the gun legislation. Interesting how she is now a candidate for the rubber room, and simply because she now attacks your own particular method of entertainment (not speaking specifically to you, Silverthorne ).

But, yes, I agree, she is quite bonkers. There are a great deal of people who come out of the woodwork when we have liberal government, and tend to try to run the lives of others - kids yelling "Bang!" in school with their finger pointed as a gun, then hauled off by educational gestapo, for example. My take is that they have a more liberal interpretation of our basic rights, and believe in the rule of the minority.

~Will she go after the most hated gang of the youths, skateboarders? Oh, sorry, that's already happened~
Before anyone carries on attacking Sen. Feinstein, I would suggest that they look into the circumstances of her becoming Mayor of San Francisco and then you might understand her anti-gun stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savayan View Post
Also, I can think of several countries that gained their independence through armed uprising that then implemented gun control laws... Slovenia for example.

Let's be honest- if you are thinking about taking on teh Federal government in armed conflict a few gun laws are the least of your problems. there is a black market, and anyone with a machine shop can make weaponry. This isn't about preventing revolution or enslaving the american public- unless of course it's under production by NBC or Fox, then all bets are off.