Re-Optimizing Mikey Dangerously - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Re-Optimizing Mikey Dangerously

Rogue/Wizard/Unseen Seer/Arcane Trickster feels like a pretty viable way to go (or switch in Sorc). Wizardly casting is so good that you want to be as much of a Wizard as possible, at which point you're adding some skills and a Rogue-ish flavour but you're very much a caster. Beguiler is another good option here (either straight Beguiler or that with Beguiler instead of Wizard) as it already has a Rogue-ish flavour right off the bat.

From the little we know of this guy, he strikes me as more of a martial type. If you wanted to mix in casting, Daggerspell Mage from Complete Arcane is actually not bad at all. Assassin is also OK; it's oft-overlooked because it's just kind of lacklustre (especially when compared with Wizard into Unseen Seer or Arcane Trickster) but it has a lot of what Rogue has plus some (admittedly very minor) spellcasting, and with the Spell Compendium they get some decent choices.

If you want to mix spellcasting with a rogue class why not go for a beguiler? It's basically a rogue but with illusion magic. One of the rare classes I ever actually had fun with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPQ_Purple View Post
If you want to mix spellcasting with a rogue class why not go for a beguiler? It's basically a rogue but with illusion magic. One of the rare classes I ever actually had fun with.
Is Beguiler a good class?

It's basically a sort of rogue that trades sneak attack for having a sorcerer like (at will from your list, no preparation) access to illusion spells. It wouldn't do you any good to go strait with it if you are going for a damage build. But dipping into it would give you some sneak themed magic without loosing skill points or class skills for that level.

Plus it's just incredibly fun to play if you don't mind getting creative with your spells. I once hid in a cellar and drove of a gang of people trying to find me by using that spell that fakes sounds to make it sound like an army was digging through up from there.

So you might want to include it into your calculations for multiclassing.