The League - 1920's Supers

Old Mar 14 '12, 3:24pm
Young Dragon

The League - 1920's Supers

The League - Forum
GURPS - Supers
Estimated Members Requested: 4

This campaign is set in 1920's Chicago, you are a person whose 'special' skills and abilities have caught the eyes of important people. These people are the Mafia, and the mysterious group only known as The Purple.

This campaign will be a double run, meaning, I am running two different yet similar campaigns with this theme, one here as a PbP, and one elsewhere, both will be using this Obsidian Portal for info.

Game Description:

The place, Chicago, the year, 1923. You are one among several people approached by a man in a grey pinstripe suit, he told you that his boss had a job for you, something only you could do. So now, here you are sitting in a waiting room with several other people, waiting for your turn to be called in by the heart faced young woman who seemed to be a secretary of sorts.

The woman comes out the door in the back, she smiles as she looks at you, "Please come to the back, the Boss will see you now," she says simply.

You follow her to the back room, it's very dark in there, with only the light of a lite cigar glowing in the hand of the rooms single occupant, "Welcome," says a rough gravelly voice, "My name's Capone, and from now on, you're working for me."

Last edited by acarohn; Mar 14 '12 at 9:02pm.. Reason: incorrect points number
I'm interested. I'll see if I can come up with a concept.

As far as magic goes, is it just the magic system that uses Magery and spells as skills you don't like or do you not want magic based advantages either? I have no idea if I would even make a magic based character as right now I have no concepts in mind.

Good luck with your game. Not even points I think for a super powered game so I am going to bow out. But I wish you the best of luck.
-Shane

I'm interested, working out a couple ideas. Usually I wait until other people have applied and fill niches, but I'll try and come up with something creative.

Got a rough sketch of an ilusionist in the works. I don't have a proper backstory yet, but I'm thinking she's got some experience in criminal affairs. Works in a local speakeasy, possibly pulling down double wages with the help of her illusionary 'husband', whom she uses as a face to by-pass sexism and draw fire away from herself. She hopes eventually to buy her own camera and get into filmmaking. With good enough illusions, she could be her own one-woman studio and make an absolute killing.

Interested...looking at a costumed vigilante tyoe with a US flag themed custome (ie captain america like) he will have background in acrobatics, boxing and sword fighting (fencing)....I plan to call him the Minuteman.
No powers just very athletic and skilled.

I'm intrigued, but are you looking for superHEROs or just guys with powers who wind up working for The Mob instead of fighting crime? I think I need to know more about where this is going.

Opps shouldve read the game description....my character proabbaly won't fit. At least his moniker....but hsi skills and background would fit in a different moniker...will need to think about it.

yeah, not precisely super heroes, but it's actually your decision whether you join the mafia or not

basically i left what happens after he says that blank for a reason, so you can make the decision

hmm .. so long as we're not nailed down to working for Capone ...

... could be interesting.

200 points, you say?

Are the expansions in Powers available?