The League - 1920's Supers

Old Mar 14 '12, 3:24pm
Young Dragon

The League - 1920's Supers

The League - Forum
GURPS - Supers
Estimated Members Requested: 4

This campaign is set in 1920's Chicago, you are a person whose 'special' skills and abilities have caught the eyes of important people. These people are the Mafia, and the mysterious group only known as The Purple.

This campaign will be a double run, meaning, I am running two different yet similar campaigns with this theme, one here as a PbP, and one elsewhere, both will be using this Obsidian Portal for info.

Game Description:

The place, Chicago, the year, 1923. You are one among several people approached by a man in a grey pinstripe suit, he told you that his boss had a job for you, something only you could do. So now, here you are sitting in a waiting room with several other people, waiting for your turn to be called in by the heart faced young woman who seemed to be a secretary of sorts.

The woman comes out the door in the back, she smiles as she looks at you, "Please come to the back, the Boss will see you now," she says simply.

You follow her to the back room, it's very dark in there, with only the light of a lite cigar glowing in the hand of the rooms single occupant, "Welcome," says a rough gravelly voice, "My name's Capone, and from now on, you're working for me."

Last edited by acarohn; Mar 14 '12 at 9:02pm.. Reason: incorrect points number
I'm assuming the proposed GM is MIA and won't be running the game. It's too bad, as it sounds like a cool setting. I'm half-considering running a similar game just because I like the idea so much, but I don't have the time at the moment. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll show up again.

Maybe. I wouldn't hold my breath.

He joined in March, promptly started two games, and has a total of 31 posts. Now he's gone. I'm guessing his interests have led him elsewhere.

I do occasionally wonder if people like this (we get them occasionally) are joining and starting games just to get people to make up characters and submit them, so they can use them offline.

Maybe they should make it so that people can't start a game until they have at least 100 posts, or two months, on the site.

That seems crazy! A large part of the fun is making a new character!

Anyway, i don't want to hijack this guy's game, in case he does come back, and we should probably stop posting to this thread so it can die.

If you guys are still interested in playing a game like this send me a PM. I'll noodle over some setting and campaign ideas. I'm new to GURPS and generally prefer a less crunchy system, but I'll give it some thought. Between work and family, I can't promise I'll run a game, but if I can get it together, I'll put up an ad and PM you guys to give you first dibs.

Redshirt

I'd be up for it!