Help to start - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Help to start

Help to start

Can somebody accept me as reader in his/her game so I can learn the dynamic an mechanics of myth weaver by reading? Please.

I have sent requests to join as reader in several games but I was not accepted in anyone. So how I do to became a myth-weaver?

Hello @Infomorph, and welcome.

You may want to want to review the information found in the New to Play-by-Post thread. It gives good info about how we do PBP. Also check out the Myth-Weavers Site Rules.

Make sure to poke around the site a the other places, besides the Games & Ads. There is a lot of good information, and a lot of good conversations going on. Get involved in conversations about game systems you know, ask about game systems you don't know about. Check out our Discord server...which is also a great place to meet up with people and see other games being posted.

Are you looking at a specific system? Do you send the GM a PM prior to asking to be added as a reader? Many GMs will not approve a request from anyone with zero posts, as they may be a bot. Show them you are a real person by sending them a PM and stating something along the lines of "I am new to MW and interested in learning how PBP works. Would you mind if I read along with your game to get the feel for how things work?"

TK

Thank you for the advice.

I think the point was, as you said, to request to be added with zero posts. I see the point.

@Infomorph I'm happy to add you as a reader to my Stars Without Number game, if that is of interest. Admittedly it's slow moving, but it's good for getting a feel for how things work.