GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Limited Resources?

I'll chip in another +1 for that.

If you get a lot of apps, you'll always have that one guy or gal asking you to make exceptions; remember that it's YOUR game and YOUR world- don't throw that out the window for someone who's unwilling to write something that fits in that world.

I was once advertising for an ECL 3 game with no dragon-blooded characters allowed and no Tome of Battle. One guy insisted that I let him play a half-dragon werewolf warblade.

Suffice to say, he was not invited.

This has already been well answered. Just be open and clear about what your game is and what it is not. State the Classes, Races, etc that are allowed and don't be shy to call out material that you just don't get, don't like, or otherwise think is bad. And stick to your guns. MW players are a contrary lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakita Ayame View Post
This has already been well answered. Just be open and clear about what your game is and what it is not. State the Classes, Races, etc that are allowed and don't be shy to call out material that you just don't get, don't like, or otherwise think is bad. And stick to your guns. MW players are a contrary lot!
Sticking to your guns as a Game Master/DM is always a good strategy, in regards to rules and expectations laid out up front. Players in general can take a mile for an inch without you noticing.