Jackson “Jack” Ratarion
Human, URogue (Rake)
Please keep this up to date, especially during Combat
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:14
Flat Footed: 14 CMD:13
Current HP: 10/10
Fort 2 Ref 5 Will 0
Please Include Any Temporary Effects and Note If They Are Already Calculated Into The Stats. Please Provide Links If You Can
Temporary Conditions and Magical Effects
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Bluff 19; Diplomacy 16; Knowledge (local) 17
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 14
Sense Motive: 10
Things which are permanent or long lasting which affect your character or others
Permanent Abilities or Magical Effects
Dodge
Signature Moves
Black Sheep - Bitter Noble (Bluff)
Things you think are important for others to know
Notes
Where can a man find a good mug of ale and a pretty warm body?

His thoughts on the treatment from Lonjiku earlier, Jackson didn’t notice anyone that had stopped at the sign for Sandpoint until he was almost upon the sign himself. Finally noticing the beautiful woman before him and the exposed skin she presented, caused him to stopped dead in his tracks and openly gawk at it for a solid minute. Realizing what he was doing, his cheeks shifted to a light shade of crimson and he cleared his throat as he straightened up and gave a slight bow, “My apologies for my rudeness. The name is Jackson Ratarion. I’m on my way into town, if you’d allow me to accompany you and make up for my ill manners?” was his response to Kalta Sigani’s stare of disbelief that someone would openly stare at her exposed flesh.

Chatahee the Longspear
Half Elf Fighter
ooc
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 16 CMD:17
Current HP: 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +3/+5 vs enchantments
ooc
Temporary Conditions and Magical Effects None

As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
K Engineering: 14
K Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 18
Sense Motive: 12
Stealth (in armor) : 12
Things which are permanent or long lasting which affect your character or others
Combat Reflexes allows AOOs even while flat footed.
Immune to Sleep spells and effects.
+5 Will Saves vs Enchantments

Notes

Chatahee finds himself amused by the constant blether, talk of little account, spouting from both boys. At least it would be blether to someone from here but to him the flow was filled with nuggets of pure gold.

'Mayor Deverin, Sherriff Balor, Mr. Kaijutsu.. now isn't that a strange name?', he's thinking to himself, memorizing the names, even as he took in the place with his experienced mercenary
Dice Roll: 1d20+8z
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 28)
Perception (28)
senses. 'First steps in a new place were always the most dangerous ones. It felt good to have such enthusiastic guides. A few drinks was a small price to pay.'

"Listen boys, could you do me a favour and point out the faces of anyone you think is brand new to town, like me?", he asked, his tone not disguising the fact that he was genuinely interested in their non-stop dialogue.

"So what are the Mayor, the Sheriff and this Mr. Kaijutsu, who or whatever he is, like?", he asks both boys casually, his foreign accent twanging in their ears.

'Doubtless the local powers to be watched warily to avoid toe stepping, the local employers to be courted for work, the islands around which all currents revolved..', he thought to himself.

Stopping dead in his tracks, likely startling both boys.. "Wait! Wouldn't this be so much better if we were walking around with a little something warming in our hands? So why not lead us somewhere where I can make good on my promise of a few drinks eh? I'm fair parched myself..", he said his voice veering towards the positively conspiratorial given that their parents might not look with approval on such antics.

'I'm going to have to get a few long sticks, for weapon practise later. These urchins will like to learn how to use a polearm, and I need eyes on my front and on my back. Win-win.' he thinks to himself, silently congratulating himself on his first moves in this new place.

'Don't get cocky'

Unable to find any characters in game 24682

The half-orc eyes the girl, and tries to appraise her condition. "Are you all right? It looked like a pretty good collision."

While listening to her response, Aggezar looked in the direction of the cathedral Square. He wanted to make sure he arrived before the festival kicked-off.

South Bridge
Sandpoint
Morning, Autumn Equinox, 22ed of Rova, 4707AR

"Don't let it bother you Jackson Ratarion" replies Kalta smiling to the handsome man bowing politely. "I'm used to looks. It would be an honor and a great pleasure if you would accompany me into town". As the two of you cross the wooden bridge into Market Street you notice a piece of parchment nailed to one of the posts. You stop for a few minutes to read it. "Ha, the opening ceremony begins shortly. We should head there Jackson." Market street connects the bridge with Market Square. Like the other main streets in Sandpoint it is decorated today by colorful strings, flags and banners.

Festival Street, Sandpoint
Morning, Autumn Equinox 22ed of Rova, 4707AR

As Chatahee scans the streets with experienced mercenary senses he noticed that many of the pedestrians are walking west, towards where he now knows the Cathedral square is. At the same time, Jayl and Daver make their best effort to identify anyone new to town. "This man is new here" says one of them pointing to to one of the merchants arranging merchandise on one of the wagons, "and I've never seen that woman before, or that one". As they both continue pointing people out, Chatahee realizes there are more travelers and visitors in town then local citizens, and decides to shift the constant chatter to more important questions regarding the Mayor, Sheriff and the notable man with the foreign name.
"Mayor Deverin, is a very nice woman" says one of the boys. "She always says hello when she sees us, and she knows mama."
"She knows everyone in town, and everyone likes her. She's been the Mayor for many years now."
"Six I think"
"Six?! Much more, maybe 10!"
"No! Even more than 10!!"
"Yeah probably a 100 or so"

"Sheriff Belor is a Shoanti tribesman. His brother owns the White Deer Inn"
"But they don't like each other. Everyone knows that"
"Yeah, every one knows. But Belor is a hero, Gariddan is not."
"Yeah not so much"
"He caught Chopper!"
"Who? Gariddan?"
"No, Sheriff Belor"
"Yeah he was the one who caught Chopper"
"He went up Chopper's Island with his magic axe and.."
"Yeah he went there alone"
"No one dares to go there alone.."
"But sheriff Belor did"
The two pipsqueaks continue to sprout endless chatter and Chatahee soon could not follow the stream of endless blether or just lost interest. He then noticed a sign hanging on one of the street lantern posts, just outside the Carpenters Guild on Festival Street, and stopped for a minute to read it. The boy's chatter continues in the background.

An excited tug on the edge of his vest drew Chatahee's attention away from the Swallowtail Festival schedule. "Kaijitsu is the richest man in town not Titus Scarnetti! My goblin-head brother is wrong I'm telling you!". While Chatahee was busy reading the schedule, it seems the twins' chatter turned into an argument about who is richer, an argument that will soon turn to punches or tears or both.
"Mr. Kaijitsu owns the glassworks factory, and Mr. Scarnetti owns the mill. Whats heavier trolldung - glass or wood?"
"Wood, and don't call me trolldung or I'll punch your goblin-face!"
"See! So Mr. Scarnetti is richer! Tell him Chatahee!"
It was time to redirect the ensuing ruckus into a more useful flow of information again with an offer of a few drinks. Unfortunately the boys explain, their faces clearly showing disappointment, that the taverns are closing now for everyone is heading to the cathedral square for the opening ceremony starting in just about a few minutes.

Church Street,
Sandpoint

"I am fine good sir" answers the nun to Aggezar's inquiry of her situation. "Just a bit of dust really. Dust can be healthy." She concludes with a smile. "I apologize for the behavior of the two little rapscallions, although I don't know them, I'm sure their parents will discipline them properly".
"Are you heading for the festival opening ceremony?" She asks, noticing Aggezar is looking south towards the Cathedral. "It will soon begin, we should not miss it."
Just then Aggezar noticed the nun's dark skin and even darker hair sparkle like crystals in the morning sun. It seemed strange to him. He had seen foreigners before since arriving in Sandpoint, but never someone with that shade of skin and dark hair. Whats more, Shaataq was now sniffing her with interest and curiosity. The nun smiled gently again as if expecting the kind of curios looks Aggezar was giving her. "My name is Parice by the way. Shall we go?".

Chatahee the Longspear
Half Elf Fighter
ooc
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 16 CMD:17
Current HP: 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +3/+5 vs enchantments
ooc
Temporary Conditions and Magical Effects None

As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
K Engineering: 14
K Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 18
Sense Motive: 12
Stealth (in armor) : 12
Combat Reflexes allows AOOs even while flat footed.
Immune to Sleep spells and effects.
+5 Will Saves vs Enchantments

Notes

Chatahee grins at both boys.. "Never mind then, we'll grab a drink or two afterwards. Plus, if I can find a couple of poles I'll teach you the basics of using a polearm as well. Nothing like working up a sweat to make the ale taste better, though I'm a cider man myself."

Even as he was speaking he was working out the angles in his head. As a mercenary he was always on the lookout for an opportunity but before you could see an opportunity for what it was you had to know what you were looking at, which is to Chatahee's mind where the boys come in.

So.. Mayor Deverin is a nice woman, respected by all.. someone trustworthy then. Sounds like she hasn't put a foot wrong either. Nobody's fool.

Sheriff Belor is a brave man with a magical axe, which he used on Chopper, by the sounds of it someone who chopped people, not trees and who terrified the whole town.

The town's money, and thus influence upon it has two poles Titus Scarnetti, mill owner and Lonjiku Kaijutsu, glassworks owner. I'll have to get a look at both to see who likely carries the more weight, but it's likely the one with the foreign sounding name carries less.

Chopper's Island is somewhere to go if you want to find things of value because no-one ever goes there.

Might as well start with the obvious opportunity for quick silver.

After a few moments silence, while he rearranged his mental furniture regarding Sandpoint he decides on a question."So what's out on Chopper's Island that no-one dares to go there?" he asks the boys idly, even as they walked towards the Cathedral.

Unable to find any characters in game 24682

"Aggezar," the half-orc offered, "and we should start heading over, I don't want to miss any of it!"

This festival was a marvel to the hunter. He had thought the city wonderful enough, but during festivals, it was a thing out of dreams. So much food and merriment. The sense of community was palpable. The whole thing left him speechless, and somewhat overwhelmed.

Being something of an oddity, the hunter and his cat would invariably draw attention. He would often let Shaataq bear the brunt of it. The fire-pelt reveled in the pats and scratches it would get, and always playfully swatted at anyone who wished to test the cat's reflexes. It was a welcome respite from their life of danger outside the walls.

Aggezar would take the the opportunity that the festival offered to fill his belly. Free food was not something to scoff at, especially the rich fare these people set out during such times. The half-orc ate like his life depended on it, amazing those around him as he asked for seconds, then thirds, then continued to pick.

Jackson “Jack” Ratarion
Human, URogue (Rake)
Please keep this up to date, especially during Combat
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:14
Flat Footed: 14 CMD:13
Current HP: 10/10
Fort 2 Ref 5 Will 0
Please Include Any Temporary Effects and Note If They Are Already Calculated Into The Stats. Please Provide Links If You Can
Temporary Conditions and Magical Effects
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Bluff 19; Diplomacy 16; Knowledge (local) 17
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 14
Sense Motive: 10
Dodge
Signature Moves
Black Sheep - Bitter Noble (Bluff)
Notes
Where can a man find a good mug of ale and a pretty warm body?

Hearing the familiar wooden thud of the Sandport Bridge as they made their way across it, he remembered the tasks set for him by his current patron. Pulled from his thoughts by his new companion stopping to read a piece of parchment nailed to one of the posts, he leaned over her shoulder and began to read about the Swallowtail Festival. After a minute of reading it, Jackson let a smile creased his lips at Kalta’s suggestion to head to the ceremony, “Yes that would be very enjoyable. However, I do have some errands to run before that, if you don’t mind tagging along?” he simply asked Kalta, knowing that he should be able to find the mayor at the ceremony after retrieving the rest of his stuff from the Rusty Dragon.

Festival Street, Sandpoint
"We're cider men too!" Jayl announces proudly as he and Daver walk beside Chatahee, following the crowds heading to the cathedral. Daver nods in agreement, and since the promise of pole-weapon practices was also laid on the table, both are clearly unable to contain their excitement.
After a few minutes of silence (at least on his part) Chatahee asks: "So what's out on Chopper's Island that no-one dares to go there?"
"Chopper's ghost of course!" answers Daver (or Jayl) dramatically.
"You can only get to the cliffs at low tide, and the guards tore down the stairs, so you can't get there unless you fly." Adds his brother and then asks in amazement "You can't fly can you?!"
Just then the street enters a rather large square, where a considerable crowd already gathered. At the eastern edge of the plaza stands an impressive new building – the new Sandpoint Cathedral built of sturdy stone blocks and stained colorful glass. In front of its two massive doors a platform was erected for the key note speakers. Two men and a woman stand there talking to each other. Along the other edges of the square tables and carts were set up offering coffee, black tea, lemonade and apple-cinnamon scones. Jayl and Daver are already there by the pastry cart stuffing their face.