OOC Discusion for Burnt Offerings

???

Zeno made an attack... not Jack...

Whew... You had me worried there for a sec.

No-one had attacked the mount as far as I know. Chatahee's mighty blow never happened. That's how the cookie crumbles.

Yeah I didn't think the goblin dog the commando had been riding was dead. But in fact the track sheet does say it was unconscious. Also, what do you mean Chatahee's mighty blow never happened?

The rat never had a chance to move towards Chatahee so Chatahee's Attack of Opportunity listed in Chatahee's last post in the event that it did, never occurred. It was a crit by the way and did about three times the number of hit points the thing. That's what I mean by mighty blow. Chatahee has combat reflexes and a reach weapon so he get 3 AOOs a round (if they're activated)

Chewing out my players a*s

Skarbrand was right. Someone accidentally wrote a 9 in the goblin-dog accumulated damage, although no one actually attacked the creature. It confused me too. Anyway, Zeno then killed the beast with his spear, so lets assume Aggezar sat down in despair only after the beast was done.

Which brings me to a point I was thinking about a lot today... If you don't have time to post, I'd rather you don't post and wait till you have more free time. I sometimes wait a day or two until I have a couple of free hours when I can sit and write an entertaining descriptive post because I think you guys deserve it. I expect you to do the same. I know this does not exactly go hand in hand with our expectation of a post from each of us every day or two, especially during combat. Lets make a general guide line that before you submit the post, take a minute to read it and think if it might look like something you posted because you wanted to do the minimum and post something. Another guide line could be to try and write at least 4 lines of text. I assure you that in order to write more than 3 lines you need time and you need your brain to start working and developing thoughts, and the result will be 6 or 7 lines at least.I have a few requests for the next battles:
1) Try to keep the table at the opening of the post (with the picture and all the stats) as updated as you can, because I usually look at it and not on your CS. But, also keep your CS updated. Especially keep track of your hit points, cast spells and your per-day abilities. It helps me decide if you can handle the next combat or whether I should change it to make it harder/easier or postpone it for later.

2) Please, in your text, incorporate the dice rolls like I do and like Starhawk does. But make sure that when I or someone else hovers over the text we can see the actual dice rolled and all the bonuses. This way I can see if you missed that Bless bonus, and take it into account - maybe you did hit that Warchanter after all! In this descriptive text, you don't have to describe your future attack of opportunities. You can if you want, it would be nice, but you don't have to. Also make sure that the weapon you use for the rolls is the same you use in the description. Jackson for example uses a rapier in the description, but a dagger in the dice rolls, which is a pity.
Example
Rapier attack roll with bless and flank bonuses:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6z
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 25)
I stab the green bastard in the stomach (25) and watch as
Damage roll:
Dice Roll:
1d6+1z
d6 Results: 3 (Total = 4)
his guts spill out (4) on the floor.

3) Always put at the end of your post an OOC description that describes in short game-terms what you actually did. If you have any future AOO that you think you might make, add them in this part. In fact, I think it will be better for you to always add here an attack roll and damage roll for potential AOOs, and the conditions that have to happen for you to use that AOO which could be as specific as you want them to be.
ExampleMoved as move action and draw out my sword (free 'cause I have BAB +1)
Attack goblin as standard action and deal 7hp damage
If any of the other goblins provoke an AOO, I use it only if the goblin has blue eyes
AOO with sword:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5z
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 24)
Attack roll (24), and
Damage roll::
Dice Roll:
1d8+2
d8 Results: 1 (Total = 3)
potential damage

4) Last, but very important, use the combat tracksheet!! (but don't screw it up)

OK that's it I think...

I apologize for my part in the inactive posting. Moving will be all done by Wednesday night, so things will pick up from me after that.

What I wrote about the OOC section in posts, that's only during combat. There is hardly any need to keep track of move and standard actions when there is no combat. As far as I'm concerned, you can put an entire day into one post if you wish. E.g. In one post Parice can cast cure light wounds on Jack, mend his clothes, puke a little, have dinner, stroll on the beach and then channel positive energy to heal everyone else even though that's technically a few standard actions... As long as its not combat it fine.

Oh, and RC, stop apologizing... lol

Quote:
Jackson for example uses a rapier in the description, but a dagger in the dice rolls, which is a pity.
My apologies for using the wrong sheetdice roll on those posts. That is what I get for coy/paste and not double checking. I will be more careful in the future.
Also: I will use the OOC tag rather than the spoiler tag as suggested. {just going to take some getting used to...}

It doesn't really mater if you use the spoiler tag or ooc tag, as long as it is clear to everyone what you did exactly in mechanical game-terms

I'm sorry to announce that skarbrand has left our game due to his obligation to many other games and limited time. Aggezar will always be remembered as the winner of the Sandpoint 4707AR Spartan Race! He will become a very important NPC. I am not planing on adding another player to the party.