Burnt Offerings Part II - Heroes of Sandpoint

Junker's Edge
Sandpoint
Morning, 23ed of Rova, 4707AR (Day 2)
Jackson & ZenoJack's and Zeno's attempts to gather more helpful information fail to reveal any significant new clues. Like most of the citizens of Sandpoint, both the guards and Gorvi's boys were at the Cathedral Plaza when the raid started.

The guards tell you that the gates of North Gate are always bared by the evening watchmen about half an hour before sundown, and last evening was no different. After the gates are bared, the watchmen leave and there is no nightwatch on the wall. There was never any need for one. Although they cannot be certain that last night's watchmen indeed bar the gates, there is no proof that it was left open on purpose or by accident. They believe that someone raised the bar and opened the gate after the watchmen left. The guards rotate on gate watchmen duty so that every week two different guards take watch at Northgate. The rotation list is made by the Sheriff or his deputy a month in advance. All in all, the guards agree that there must be an inside collaborator that helped the goblins, but they show clear disdain if you even suggest one of the town guards is the culprit.

One of Govri's boys offers a bit more information. He tells you that sometimes, when he finishes his wheelbarrow duty late at night he can swear he sees little dark figures crawling in the junk down on the beach. He told Gorvi about them, but the half orc dismissed it saying it was just the boys imagination: "The night plays tricks on your eyes boy, and at such distance, you humans can't really see anything down there when its dark" he told me.
After Zeno offers the boy a silver coin and talks to him a bit more about the life of a wheelbarrower, the boy pulls out a strange device from the junk in his wheelbarrow. "I found this this morning, not far from here" he says showing it to you. First the device looks like a few pieces of junk tied together to an old rope, but then you see it is actually an improvised grappling hook made from a few old scraps of metal.

Town Hall
Sandpoint
Morning, 23ed of Rova, 4707AR (Day 2)
Chatahee & PariceThe mayor replies your bow with a wave of her hand. "You don't have to bow to anyone here Chatahee. It is us who are indebted to you. Please, join us on the meeting tomorrow, don't hesitate. We would appreciate your insights and opinions." With that you exit the office, and the receptionist leads you downstairs.

Chatahee the Longspear
Half Elf Fighter
ooc
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 16 CMD:17
Current HP: 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +3/+5 vs enchantments
ooc
Temporary Conditions and Magical Effects

As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
K Engineering: 14
K Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 18
Sense Motive: 12
Stealth (in armor) : 12
Things which are permanent or long lasting which affect your character or others
Permanent Abilities or Magical Effects
Combat Reflexes allows AOOs even while flat footed.
Immune to Sleep spells and effects.
+5 Will Saves vs Enchantments

Things you think are important for others to know
Notes

Chatahee smiled broadly at the Mayor's words even as he left. Leaving the Town Hall, he turned, fauchard in hand, and strode towards the main gate of the settlement.

They didn't come over the bridges. They came in through the gate., was the thought working through his head in a loop. There would be an assembly point outside the gates, probably no more than a couple of hundred yards distant, since mounted leader goblins didn't climb cliffs

Added by ArielAs Chatahee and Parice contemplate thing at the gate, Zeno and Jackson notice them,and the party is whole again!

Jackson “Jack” Ratarion
Human, URogue (Rake)
Please keep this up to date, especially during Combat
Vital Information
Current AC:16 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 14 CMD:15
Current HP: 9/9
Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 0
Please Include Any Temporary Effects and Note If They Are Already Calculated Into The Stats. Please Provide Links If You Can
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Knowledge local 14
Knowledge Nobility 13
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Bluff 18
Diplomacy 13
Perception : 14
Sense Motive : 14
Things which are permanent or long lasting which affect your character or others
Signature Moves
Black Sheep - Bitter Noble (Bluff)
ooc
Notes
Relevant combat feats: Weapon finesse, Combat expertise, Improved feint.

Digesting what little they had found took almost no time or effort. Despite this Jack is not overly disappointed and still feels they are making slow but steady progress. Spotting Chatahee and Parice over near the gate Jack heads over to speak with them.

"Not much to be found at the junk heap." He exclaims. "We should stop by the garrison real quick and see if the sheriff has any news." He suggests. "Unless of course you have already been there that is."

Parice, Child of Sarenrae
Oread, Cleric
Vital Information
Current AC: 9 (Not Currently wearing Armor) Touch: 9
Flat Footed: 9 CMD: 13
Current HP: 10/10
Fort +4 Ref -1 Will +6
Please Include Any Temporary Effects and Note If They Are Already Calculated Into The Stats. Please Provide Links If You Can
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Religion: 14; Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Sense Motive: 14
Other Relevant Skill : None
Aura of Good
Energy Resistance 5/Acid
Darkvision 60 ft
Outsider
Student of Fait: Cast all heal spells at CL +1 and +1 on Channel Energy DC's
Notes
Is in mourning

Stepped out of the Town Hall with Chatahee, standing sheepishly next to the Half-Elf, waving absent mindedly at Jack and Zeno as they approached.

"Sorry about the silence back there, I just didn't have much to say on the subject and it seems like you had it pretty much under control"

Zeno Reiburn
Human, Medium
Vital Information
Current AC:16 Touch:12
Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 1
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Knowledge Arcana: +5; Knowledge Geography +1; Knowledge History +2
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : +3
Sense Motive: -1
Permanent Abilities or Magical Effects Bound to the Marshall (Lady Carcelle)
+1 on Charisma checks and Charisma Skill checks
+1 on Spirit Surge rolls
+2 on non-spell damage rolls
1 point of influence
Can use Spirit Surge on attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, ability checks, and concentration checks
Notes
None

"No worries Parice, I've been struggling to find my footing in the role of 'hero' as well. The good news is, Jack is overly modest about our findings. We came across this-", Zeno pulls out the improvised grappling hook from behind his back, "-so it's looking quite likely our perpetrators came up over Junker's Cliff for at least part of their route. What might you two have found?", he asks with no small amount of hope in his voice.

Chatahee the Longspear
Half Elf Fighter
ooc
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 16 CMD:17
Current HP: 13/13
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +3/+5 vs enchantments
ooc

As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
K Engineering: 14
K Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 18
Sense Motive: 12
Stealth (in armor) : 12
Combat Reflexes allows AOOs even while flat footed.
Immune to Sleep spells and effects.
+5 Will Saves vs Enchantments

Notes

Chatahee, looking as relaxed as ever when there's not someone standing directly behind him, smiles at Zeno..."We went to see the Mayor. She's collecting a monetary reward for us, which should be ready in a couple of days. It seems the sheriff has been collecting information but the Mayor has arranged a meeting for tomorrow morning so I decided against going to see the sheriff right now."

"As a sellsword, I never know how the local law is going to react to me. So, I'm perfectly content to let the Mayor run interference for me with the sheriff, tomorrow morning.", he adds by way of explanation.

"I was just heading out the gate. There's almost certainly an assembly point off road a little ways out. I was going to look it over before the elements wiped it clean."

Jackson “Jack” Ratarion
Human, URogue (Rake)
Vital Information
Current AC:16 Touch:13
Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 0
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Knowledge local 14
Knowledge Nobility 13
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Bluff 18
Diplomacy 13
Sense Motive : 14
Signature Moves
Black Sheep - Bitter Noble (Bluff)
ooc
Notes
Relevant combat feats: Weapon finesse, Combat expertise, Improved feint.

Jack nods his head even though his concern is etched clearly on his face. "Alright... Uh... if you think it wise." He stammers a bit in response to Chatahee's proposal. His wound still itches a little as a poignant reminder of how dangerous encounters with these Goblins can be.

"Ready as I will ever be." He claims and tries to smile somewhat convincingly.

OOCFor those of you who decide to go out the gate and look for the assembly area, add a survival skill check to your post if you are actually searching rather than just tagging along. Passive survival check (take 10) will take you about 3-4 hours to search the entire area and you might find something or you might not - depending on your skill modifier. If you wish to roll, it might take you less time or more time, depending on the highest roll

"It would be faster if we had a tracker dog.", says Chatahee as the enormity of the task becomes clear.

Parice, Child of Sarenrae
Oread, Cleric
Vital Information
Current AC: 9 (Not Currently wearing Armor) Touch: 9
Flat Footed: 9 CMD: 13
Current HP: 10/10
Fort +4 Ref -1 Will +6
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Religion: 14; Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Sense Motive: 14
Other Relevant Skill : None
Aura of Good
Energy Resistance 5/Acid
Darkvision 60 ft
Outsider
Student of Fait: Cast all heal spells at CL +1 and +1 on Channel Energy DC's
Notes
Is in mourning

Adjusts the straps on her backpack nervously as she hears the rest of her companions contemplating the next course of action, quite concerned about the risk of further encounters with the Goblin menace.

"So... what do you think the chances are of us meeting more Goblins out there while searching? Because if there's even a slight chance I'd like to change into my armour, just in case. I don't wanna be as vounerable out there as when I was when they attacked here."