Burnt Offerings Part III - Glass and Wrath

Burnt Offerings Part III - Glass and Wrath

The Rusty Dragon
Sandpoint
Early Morning, 26th of Rova, 4707AR (Day 5)

Zeno woke up very early this morning, and after establishing a link with a new spirit during a morning seance somewhere in town he returned to the Rusty Dragon where he was hoping to meet his new companions. Climbing upstairs to where your chambers are, he meets Chatahee and Jackson who were just getting ready to join the rest of the inn's patrons for breakfast. You greet each other and begin to make your way down stairs to the common room when up comes an excited and heavily breathing Halfling. You immediately recognize her as one of the kitchen staff of the inn.
"Oh the gods! I was looking for you!" the elderly halfling timidly approaches you. "I dont think we were ever introduced, my name is Bethana, but that doesn't matter now" She says quickly. At that moment Parice and Awarthannen exit their rooms. Parice immediately notes the distressed state the poor halfling is in, but Awarthannen doesn't seem to notice anything or care if he did.
"Its Ameiko. She has gone missing! I woke up this morning to find that Ameiko hadn't already started preparing breakfast. This has never happened, Ameiko always wakes up first, before everyone else. I was so worried, so I went and knocked on her door but there was no response. I don't know why or how or were I found the courage to do it, but I picked the lock to her room, or maybe it was broken. Anyway I entered her private room only to find it empty and the bed unslept in! Then I wanted to leave and search for her outside, but something told me I should search the drawers and the closet and the chest in the corner. All I could find is this crumpled piece of parchment near her bed. I knew I shouldn't read it, but my eyes just did! Its from her older brother, Tsuto, and Tsuto means trouble! I was going to call the sheriff, but then I remembered he is not in town. I have no one else to ask for help. Please, you have to help Ameiko, I know she is in trouble!"

At that point, Bethana hands you the crumpled piece of parchment, and Lurr just entered the common room downstairs hoping to join everyone else for a nice breakfast.

Awarthannen

Elf Magus
Please keep this up to date, especially during Combat
Vital Information
Current AC: 15 Touch: 12
Flat Footed: 13 CMD: 16
Current HP: 18/24
Fort +4 Ref +3 Will
Add +2 bonus vs Enchantments (except if power and/or wealth are promised)
+3
Please Include Any Temporary Effects and Note If They Are Already Calculated Into The Stats. Please Provide Links If You Can
Temporary Conditions & Effects
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Arcana, Dungeons, Planes: 20,
Engineering:
Add +1 if there's 1d4 hours to study at Quink's library
17, History:
Add +2 bonus if there's 1d4 rounds to review his Pathfinder's Chronicle
all other knowledge:
Can use all untrained knowledge skills as if trained
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception: 14 . . . . Stealth: 14
Sense Motive: 10 . . Spellcraft:
Add +2 bonus to identify magic items' properties
Things which are permanent or long lasting which affect your character or others
Permanent Abilities & Effects
Darkvision 60 ft., Light Sensitivity
Immune to Sleep effects
Except if power and/or wealth are promised
+2 vs Enchantments
Things you think are important for others to know
Notes
Caster Level checks:
Add +2 bonus vs Spell Resistance
+6
Concentration:
May opt to add between +1 and +3 bonus to Cast Defensively, but penalize Attack rolls by same
+10
Arcane Pool: 3/6
Assume I use this when at least 3 arcane pool pts are available (described in Other Notes on character sheet)
Opportune Parry & Riposte

"Hmpf. Well, that was certainly one possibility..." Awarthannen appears aloofly unshaken by the news, in stark contrast to the worried sick halfling woman.

He then turns to Jackson. Awarthannen's gaze makes direct eye contact with his. And an intense gaze it is, for Jackson feels like his very soul is being penetrating into. In his cold baritone voice, Awarthannen asks him, "You've worked for Lonjiku, I gather. Tell me, have you ever noticed any predilection towards the dark arts in the man? Or any other oddities about him? Anything that might for instance lead one to crave the body of a deceased priest? Or perhaps associate with such knavish or felonious types who would be interested in the late priest's body?"

Jackson “Jack” Ratarion
Human, URogue (Rake)
Vital Information
Current AC:16 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 14 CMD:15
Current HP: 13/13
Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 0
Please Include Any Temporary Effects and Note If They Are Already Calculated Into The Stats. Please Provide Links If You Can
Temporary Conditions and Magical Effects
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Knowledge local 14
Knowledge Nobility 13
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Bluff 18
Diplomacy 17
Perception : 15
Sense Motive : 15
Things which are permanent or long lasting which affect your character or others
Permanent Abilities or Magical Effects
Signature Moves
Black Sheep - Bitter Noble (Bluff)
ooc
Notes
Relevant combat feats: Weapon finesse, Combat expertise, Improved feint.

Having slept fitfully and still fuming even as he wakes up Jack is in no mood for frivolity this day. He sulks at first but when the Halfling woman confronts them. His eyes fly wide open and his face turns crimson. "If that Bastard has done anything to Ameiko I will have his hide." He intones angrily.

"I worked for the man for no more than two days." Jack replies curtly when Awarthannen makes his inquiry. "His habits are unknown to me save that he is an unwelcoming host." He explains. His ire raging with every heartbeat he turns toward the door. "Parice, would you and Zeno accompany me to Lonjiku's house?" Jack asks. "For his sake I had best not go alone."

Jack then takes a step but stops and turns to Chatahee with a thought in mind. "Chatahee, would you go and take a look around the Glassworks?" He suggests. "Perhaps Lurr and Art would accompany you." He hopes. "We will meet you there as soon as we can drag that old codger out of his house." He concludes.

Awarthannen

Elf Magus
Vital Information
Fort +4 Ref +3 Will
+3
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Engineering:
17, History:
all other knowledge:
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Immune to Sleep effects
+2 vs Enchantments
Notes
Caster Level checks:
+6
Concentration:
May opt to add between +1 and +3 bonus to Cast Defensively, but penalize Attack rolls by same
+10
Assume I use this when at least 3 arcane pool pts are available (described in Other Notes on character sheet)

Art nods in acknowledgement to Jack's reasonable plan. "It would be my pleasure." Judging by his stern countenance, which one gathers is the default facial expression for the melancholy elf, the pleasure he speaks of must be solely metaphorical in nature.

He looks to Chatahee and Lurr, giving them a chance to say their peace before accompanying them to the glass works.

Chatahee the Longspear
Half Elf Fighter
ooc
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 16 CMD:17
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +3/+5 vs enchantments
ooc

As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
K Engineering: 14
K Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 18
Sense Motive: 12
Stealth (in armor) : 12
Combat Reflexes allows AOOs even while flat footed.
Immune to Sleep spells and effects.
+5 Will Saves vs Enchantments

Notes

Chatahee nods in his usual relaxed and unbothered way. Everything to the big mercenary was just another job or task. Life for him must surely be like climbing a ladder, just a series of rungs ahead that soon would be behind.

Kaijitsu Manor
Outside Sandpoint

Overlooking Sandpoint from the south is a rocky hill. Four large manors, of Sandpoint richest nestle on the hill overlooking their small town. Kaijitsu's manor is the smallest. It took Jackson, Parice and Zeno about 25 minutes to reach the building. A servant opens the door when you knock, and explains that Lonjiku, the master of the house, has left the manor last evening and has not returned. SHe has no idea where he went and when is he due to return.

Outside Kaijitsu Glassworks
Sandpoint
Chatahee, Awarthannen and Lurr arrive at the Kaijitsu Glassworks building shortly after leaving the Inn. They find the building curiously silent. The front main door is closed, and there doesn't seem to be any movement to and from the factory at the moment. The few windows on the building's front are curtained, but the furnace chimney still plumes with smoke.

Chatahee the Longspear
Half Elf Fighter
ooc
Vital Information
Current AC:18 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 16 CMD:17
Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +3/+5 vs enchantments
ooc

As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
K Engineering: 14
K Geography: 11
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 18
Sense Motive: 12
Stealth (in armor) : 12
Combat Reflexes allows AOOs even while flat footed.
Immune to Sleep spells and effects.
+5 Will Saves vs Enchantments

Notes

Chatahee looks at his companions. None struck him as the silent, climb over the wall types. On this thought, he shrugs good naturedly and simply bangs on the door with his gauntleted fist. He recalls helping some of the workers here to victory in the games. So if they were going to be well disposed to any of them, it would be him he reckons.

Awarthannen

Elf Magus
Vital Information
Fort +4 Ref +3 Will
+3
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Engineering:
17, History:
all other knowledge:
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Immune to Sleep effects
+2 vs Enchantments
Notes
Caster Level checks:
+6
Concentration:
+10

As the three make their way to the glass works, Awarthannen's companions unsurprisingly note that he's not one for small talk.

On reaching the glass works, Awarthannen concedes Chatahee is perhaps the best choice to knock. The last time Art knocked on someone's door in town, he was called a "demon from the abyss." And by the look of Lurr, her orcish features are probably not very much more fondly looked upon than his own in this den of simpleminded drudges.

In fact, Awarthannen opts to take a step back. He gives the place a
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 17)
visual overview from the front, and pans to the side. He does not stray
Art stays within 30 ft. of Chat
too far, remaining close enough to still hear any conversation which may transpire between Chatahee and whomever might open the door.

Assuming whomever inside is indeed interested in talking...

Jackson “Jack” Ratarion
Human, URogue (Rake)
Vital Information
Current AC:16 Touch:13
Flat Footed: 14 CMD:15
Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 0
None
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Knowledge local 14
Knowledge Nobility 13
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Bluff 18
Diplomacy 17
Perception : 15
Sense Motive : 15
Signature Moves
Black Sheep - Bitter Noble (Bluff)
ooc
Notes
Relevant combat feats: Weapon finesse, Combat expertise, Improved feint.

Disappointment clearly etched on his face Jack thanks the servant even as he fumes. "Blast." He curses. "That did not go as planned." He laments. Turning on his heel he storms off in the direction of the Glassworks.

Lurr Donsfell
Half-orc, Warpriest (Forgepriest) of Shelyn
Vital Information
Current AC: 17 Touch: 10
Flat Footed: 17 CMD: 13
Current HP: 15/15
Fort +6 Ref +0 Will +4
- none -
As If Taking Ten
Trained Knowledge Skills
Religion: 14
As if Taking Ten
Passive Skill Checks
Perception : 14
Sense Motive: 16
Survival: 12
- none -
Notes
- none -
Following Chatahee's knock, and to break the awkward silence while waiting: "A lot of glass came from here in the last year for the cathedral. Good stuff. Many colors." She sort of grunts a bit as she steps to the side, looking up and down the length of the building.