General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Myth Weavers' Milestones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
I would think my highly polished prose and unmatched wit would be proof enough I'm not a robot!
That's exactly what a robot would say

Thank you Ithamar, I think I might.

Bought the 23andMe genetic test and waiting for it to arrive. As I'm a European mongrel from all over the place (Italian, English, Scandinavian, German, Scottish etc) I'm interested to see the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytebio View Post
Attended Church for the first time in 10 years over the weekend.

Wasn't the type I grew up with. No one on stage was older than 35. A lot of singing.
I hope that becomes a continuously fulfilling and positive experience for you.

Thank you, Aavarius. That's very kind of you to say.

I went to church this morning for the first time as an adult. I made the joke to my neighbor going in that "I hope I don't catch anyone on fire just by being here."

I didn't.

But the old lady in front of me had a stroke during the singing, so that was something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchern View Post
I went to church this morning for the first time as an adult. I made the joke to my neighbor going in that "I hope I don't catch anyone on fire just by being here."

I didn't.

But the old lady in front of me had a stroke during the singing, so that was something.
There's some dark humor there I shouldn't find funny, but here I am bringing it up. I am a terrible person. I hope she's alright, though.

I hope otherwise that you had a positive experience.

I didn't get much of the church experience. I called 911 and helped the ushers get her to the back of the church to wait for the ambulance. I took her blood pressure and her old lady friend had a blood glucose monitor in her giant purse, so I took her blood sugar to make sure she wasn't hypoglycemic (and not actually having a stroke). She never lost consciousness, but she couldn't talk. I sat with her until the EMTs came in case she fell out and needed CPR and to give them a precise onset time. We didn't go back into the service after that.

Maybe we'll try next week.

Yeah, it almost sounds like you were meant to be at church this week.