Weaving Myths: A Myth Weavers Podcast - Page 5 - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Weaving Myths: A Myth Weavers Podcast

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let people know that Episode 9 of Weaving Myths will be recorded on the Myth Weavers Discord Server this coming Saturday, September 9th, at 8:00 PM EST. We'll be talking about big bad evil guys, GM burnout, and part 6 of our player archetype series.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Weaving Myths Episode 9 is now available for listening! Check the first post of this thread for the SoundCloud link and the relevant links.

Hello everyone! On behalf of the marvelous Nathan, I'd like to let you know that the first-ever Weaving Myths Does Table-Top will be recorded on the Myth Weavers Discord Server tomorrow, Saturday, September 23, at 8:00 PM EDT. I'll be behind the GM screen, running a Roaring 20's Steampunk Heist mashup using the Risus system for Colin, Nathan, and Ruben.

Special note: The recording of WMDTT will only be available to Patreon supporters of Weaving Myths. Details on how to support Weaving Myths (and Myth-Weavers) are in the first post of this thread.

Hello everyone! The first part of the recording of Weaving Myths Does Tabletop episode 1 is live on Patreon! As a reminder, the recording of WMDT is available only to patrons, so if you haven't already, I'd encourage you to sign up here: https://www.patreon.com/mythweavers For those of you that are already patrons, you can find the first part of the recording here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/wmdt-ep-1-part-1-14617991

Hello everyone!

Part 2 and 3 of Weaving Myths Does Tabletop are live on Patreon. Check the first post of this thread for the links.

Also, we will be doing Episode 10 of Weaving Myths this Saturday at 8PM EST! We'll be talking about the following topics:
  • Uniting the Party
  • Rewards/loot/progression
  • Comedy/Humor in PbP

Hello everyone! Episode 10 of Weaving Myths is now available for listening on Soundcloud! As always, check the first post of this thread for the link and referenced links.

Hello everyone! Episode 11 of Weaving Myths is now available for listening on Soundcloud! As always, check the first post of this thread for the link and referenced links.

Hello everyone! Episode 12 of Weaving Myths is now available for listening on Soundcloud. As always, check the first post of this thread for the link and referenced links. Also, I feel the need to include this for people who might skip over the first part of the show:

Quote:
Were up to twelve episodes of Weaving Myths, which is absolutely amazing and I have to say that Im very proud of my fellow casters and Im so glad for each and every one of our listeners. I cant say it enough, but I appreciate all of you whether youre a patron or not. Without you, this show wouldnt be possible.

I know for sure weve talked about this in Myth Weavers After Dark, but just in case, Id like to let everyone know officially: This is going to be the last official episode of Weaving Myths this year. Were going to be wrapping up what were calling Season One with this episode, and then well be taking a couple of months off so everyone can enjoy the holiday season and take a break from the show.

That said, content for Weaving Myths wont be over for this year. Were going to be another session of Weaving Myths Does Tabletop early in December. The recording for that will be available for patrons of Weaving Myths. Also, later in December Im going to be making a blooper reel for Weaving Myths Season One. That should be available around Christmas time. That will be available for everyone. January will feature another session of Weaving Myths Does Tabletop, again available for patrons.

Last but not least before I shut up and we get on to the show, Season Two of Weaving Myths will be starting in February and will run until the end of May. Well be taking another break in June and July, and then Season Three will start in August of 2018.

Topic suggestion: Character development and interaction between characters.

How do you develop your own characters through roleplay? As a GM, how do you help create interesting narrative arcs for a character and provide opportunities for characters to face challenges that will help them grow or leave a mark on them (or even just create mundane moments for character bonding)? As a fellow player, how can you help other players create interesting/meaningful moments for their characters, build character connections, or communicate with others about how they can help you explore different topics or themes with your character?

I just stumbled across the podcast and I've been very much enjoying it!

At the risk of sounding a little on the creepy side, you guys have lovely voices (the winky face probably isn't helping my cause..)

When Season Two starts up could we have a topic along the lines of systems based on TV shows and film franchises? How to game within an established world that maybe isn't as fully developed as it might be - Star Wars, Serenity, Leverage. etc

And a suggestion for a Player Archetype: The Romance Addict - the kind of player who just HAS to have their character in a romantic relationship even if it isn't particularly suitable to the game/setting and will go out of their way to engineer it.

Edit to add! because it just occurred to me - there is a lot of talk about using Dischord to chat through OOC stuff to speed things up. But maybe we can have a segment on playing across timelines. As a European living in Norway I'm often 6 to 9 hours ahead/behind of my fellow players which can make things a little tricky. Are there any tips that could be given to ease timezone problems?