the Festival of the Travelling Oasis - Page 4 - Myth-Weavers

Notices


the Festival of the Travelling Oasis

   
At the Symbioosi leader’s words, Atovandoro pauses. The man’s aplomb is genuine, to the point of appearing truly innocent, which is something the Sultan has rarely if ever encountered.
The stern elf bows, ”The apology is mine, friend Ionoleg. Your connection is indeed strange to us, for even among all the unique tales of our land I have never heard or dreamt of such a thing. And the thought of doing so is... one that requires getting used to. For now I shall say I am honored by the spirit in which your gift is offered.”




Dannok is about to answer when the smooth voice of the halfling emissary cuts in, ”I would not say rude my friend, but it would be mightily strange. And strange magics have a long history in our legends of having risky costs connected to them. A vision of water in the desert can often lead you further into harm.”
His tone is pleasant and gentle, Beware gifts of Djinn, as our saying goes.”

The Baronch is less verbose in his response, Sultana is leader of city and Kahoran family. Sultan-a because she is woman.”

Arvellon
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon smiled at the Sultan's words. If I may then, Friend Sultan, your words are worth more than a whole gramma of tryffelit! The elf himself seemed excited about the prospect of diplomacy going well. This was truly history for the Symbioosi. Fellow lords and companions, I must truly say that on behalf of my people, I am truly honored that despite my intrusion, you both of received us well. I look forward to hearing of your lands and having our rangers compete with your fine warriors.


*Down Below*

Akal
HP 9/9 AC 14
Strength 14, Dexterity 8, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 15
Fort +3, Reflex -1, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Chitin Blade- +3, 1d10+3

Equipment:
Chainmail
Chitin Blade

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Fey Skin: DR 2/Cold Iron
Akal nodded along with the reply, apparently unaware of any slight he may have caused. Interesting. I am unaware of the linguistic differences of this tongue. Much study will be required of this
common
trade talk. He then nodded his head at the Myconid who stood silent a bit away and smiled at both. We believe it is best to share everything with the natural. It is how to survive the best, in our culture. The world is only a wasteland if you choose to see it that way. By understanding the feeling of the land and its beasts, you can live in tandem. It is why we are ruled by the Myconid, why we grow our tools, and grow our homes. He then drifted his gaze towards the beasts. And why I express interest in rearing this creature. I look forward to seeing your talents as warriors, and hope for it to be a grand learning experience. I do enjoy rearing beasts at home. He then looked towards the Veranda, and thought towards the diplomat. Sultana is the male's equivalent. It would appear that the city is also formed by the melding of two groups, like ourselves. I enjoy this town, it's people are friendly to outsiders.

The Sultan nods, and smiles just slightly at the interesting irony. Here, the dwarf Etar is much more reserved and cautious like himself. Whereas the elf Ionoleg has the open goodwill that Atovandaro has often been bewildered by in his compatriot Sultana.
”May our festival then be a welcome blessing to both your houses. Please enjoy all you see. And if you do wish, one of my Ghat shall be available as guide for your stay.”


Dannok looks impressed at the mighty Nitigid, but will not likely view one closer, ”Before I was Ghat, I lived in desert, I know wastelands well. I have seen beasts like your mount, but not so solid. I think you shall have Warchief very eager for brawl matches.”

Nitumi's grinn betrays her as it creeps up the sides of her face. "It will be the show of a life time. I still remember my Forging. The rush of life threatening claws gripping at your sides. Only one with honor equal to the beast will be able to tame its unalienable hunger. I wish each warrior the best."

As the meeting on the veranda was rapping up Arzin offered to them both. "Won't you stay and enjoy this meal with us? We have brought the fruit of our homeland to share with you and yours." As he spoke a smell wafted from a room below. all those with in the building and even those on the street outside were infused with the smell. A colorful array of thick vegetables and fruit chased by and even heavier aroma of fresh game filled the air. most of the visible zekzig were visibly delighted. Not often was cooking with such ingredients allowed much less done out side of the Etar's court; to be present for such a meal truly delighted them.

Arvellon
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon wafted the air towards his nose. It indeed sounds delightful! Let me inquire with my party for a moment. He then stared blankly out in space for a brief minute. Spog wishes to know if he may join the feast as well. Oh, pardon. He is the large fungal individual you may have saw in passing. He worries that he may be mistaken for food. At that Arvellon chuckles. Though if I may be honest, that may be do to our teasing. He then paused for another quick minute. Oh I beg your grandest pardons. Is this invitation for myself individually, or our whole party? It would seem the smell has enraptured the curiosity of my whole party. A testament to your chefs, no doubt.


*Down Below*

Akal
HP 9/9 AC 14
Strength 14, Dexterity 8, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 15
Fort +3, Reflex -1, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Chitin Blade- +3, 1d10+3

Equipment:
Chainmail
Chitin Blade

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Fey Skin: DR 2/Cold Iron
Akal nodded along. I remember my first time forging as well. The smell of swamp gas, the raking of muck... A true testament of patience, no? He paused for a minute while he thought to his party. Oh. I suppose we may be talking about different forging. What does forging mean to you?

Nitumi chuckled. "We most certainly are. Forging to use refers to the crafting of something through fire and hard ship; which yes takes a lot of patience. The said when you say it with the proper in-fluctuation 'Forging' you refer to the forging of a pact with the Nitigid. I supposed your use of Forging is appropriate but we should be certain to depict between the two events as taming nitigids is not the same as raking grass."

*Meanwhile Above*

"By all means it was an invitation to you and yours. By my calculations that includes those you travel with. As for you Sultan I will leave it to your discretion as to who you bring but please keep the number modest. We can not feed all of Khara-Kionis. Now in regards to your fungal friend; he is more than welcome to attend though I am not sure how he will take to our food. That said none shall mistake him for food as we have not seen shrooms larger than ones head. It would be most difficult to mistake him for food." Arzin finished as he sat waiting for their replies.

Arvellon
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon nodded before speaking up. Spog is delighted to accept! And not to worry, Myconids decompose most things. He smiled. Should be fine then! I am anxious to try the food of your land, and hear the nature of your contest. It would seem you have excited our ranger's quite a bit with your generosity. He bowed his head. I will take note of your example for our next meeting.


*Down Below*

Akal
HP 9/9 AC 14
Strength 14, Dexterity 8, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 15
Fort +3, Reflex -1, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Chitin Blade- +3, 1d10+3

Equipment:
Chainmail
Chitin Blade

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Fey Skin: DR 2/Cold Iron
Akal stood quiet as he nodded along, to what observably could was the forging conversation. He then pipes up. Moss, not grass. It looks like we're eating then. He then smiled. We will let the beast decide similarities after I introduce it to our swamp. He gave a friendly wink to the dwarf.

"You will have to win it first." Nitumi responds wittily as she turns to head for her room.

With the meeting finished a few preparations still need to be finished for the meal. Arzin excuses himself in order to over see the final preparations.







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2018-12-14 09:00:08am local time
Myth-Weavers Status