the Festival of the Travelling Oasis - Myth-Weavers

Notices


the Festival of the Travelling Oasis

   
the Festival of the Travelling Oasis

In a land known for legends and curiosities, one of its true wonders is the Travelling Oasis. No dry river bed shows where rains would collect, there are not even true storms that feed it. In the bare sands, moisture feeds up from below; first darkening the land, then pooling, then sprinting into bloom a riot of flowers and swift-palm trees. Herdsmen from leagues distant drive their flocks and packs to the few known sites it arrives at. Nomads consider it a blessed generation when they stumble upon it farther out in the Great Wasteland.
Just north of Khara-Kionis, a depression between dunes marks one of its few consistent appearances, and sages of the earth watch for the tell-tale signs of its arrival months in advance.
From the first blossoms to the last gasp of standing water, the city holds a festival for all who live or visit in honor of the rare sight.
Food and spirits are brought from the far reaches of the Sultanate and beyond. Tournaments, competitions, and challenges stretch across the weeks. Fortunes are won and lost. Bargains made and broken. Romance, tragedy, jubilation, riotous clamor are thick companions to patrons of the festival.
And this year is no exception with the astounding arrival of the ancient machine from far Akath Geshud.

Entry postsFeel free to write in who arrives from your faction and how. I’ll soon have a list of early events as well as a table of random happenings to choose from.

It had been a long journey so far for the 4 travelers of the Symbioosi. First along the shore of great mountains, then through the forests near home. But the woods never seemed to end. They had discovered a veritable ocean of forest and dubbed it as such while they traveled. They noted the resources and the riches that could be made from terraforming such a place, but those were dreams in the far off future.

And so by their leader's determination, they pressed on. And kept pressing until they found the first instances of life. A road of some sort. And so by following it, group had stumbled across a truly alien site. A beach with no ocean, a never ending expanse of sand. Pockets of arid ground separated them. Truly nothing could survive in such a harsh place, how would the spores fertilize with nothing to feed on?

Then they saw the walls in the distance.

Akal
Gather round and stay sharp. We are in new lands and we don't know what to expect. Thought the
HP 9/9 AC 14
Strength 14, Dexterity 8, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 15
Fort +3, Reflex -1, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Chitin Blade- +3, 1d10+3

Equipment:
Chainmail
Chitin Blade

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Fey Skin: DR 2/Cold Iron
gruff ranger captain. He readjusted his heavier armor and checked the handle of the large bastard sword slung over his back. He was hoping it wouldn't come to it, but this was first contact after all.



Arvellon
Yes. But remember that we are on a diplomatic venture after all. You can go hunting when I'm done. Intercepted the
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
diplomat.. He seemed to be pulling out a nicer cloak to put on over his dirtier travel cloaks, now that the chance for foreign contact seemed at hand. Lest my efforts to learn foreign tongues go in vain. Do you know how hard it was to even learn the dwarvish I know?


Vallura

HP 9/9 AC 12
Strength 14, Dexterity 15, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 8
Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Longsword- +1, 1d8+2
Shortsword- +1, 1d6+1

Equipment:
Studded Leather
Longsword
Shortsword
Dagger (x6)

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Two Weapon Fighting: -2/-2
The woman with them chuckled audibly. Maybe Spog here can do the talking. She gestured towards the large, plump, Myconid traveling with them, clearly enjoying the butting of minds between the two officials.


Spog
HP 10/10 AC 13
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 13, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 15, Charisma 10
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +4
Concentration +4. Heal +6, Nature +6, Survival +6, Arcana +4, Spellcraft +4, Handle Animal +4, Geography +6

Longspear- -1 1d8-1

-Equipment-
Leather Armor

Spells:
0- Detect Magic, Purify Food and Water, Mending
1- Cure Light Wounds, Comprehend Languages

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Toughness: +3HP
He tilted his stalk inquisitively. Should it be required, I can comprehend all languages for a brief moment...


As the group in audible silence debated their thoughts with each other, they continued their journey towards the city, giving up any notion of stealth, and proceed forth. The Grey Elf known as Arvellon led the way, to his side was the gruffer looking man, Akal. Not too far behind was the jovial ranger, Vallura, and her 8' tall fungal companion, Spog. They kept up their walk towards the wall city, waiting to be flagged down by anyone on their way...

In no time at all, the quartet find themselves beset on all sides by fellow travelers. A halfling family in brightly colored robes has children gauking up at the towering myconid from the back of a donkey-cart. A tusked half-orcish herdsman drives shaggy antlered camels past them, fat and ready for market. A pair of deeply-tan, weathered, elderly elves wave in passing to their distant cousins.
As the explorers from the far off fungal jungle crest a hill, the whole expanse of Khara-Kionis spreads before their eyes.
The spires of the grand palaces first rise into view, then the great stone outer wall. Then, spreading perhaps three times further than the stone and adobe buildings of the common outer quarter, a sea of tents, pavilions, and temporary paddocks housing thousands of visiting pilgrims.
And beyond, stretching into the ‘beach with no sea’ the green expanse of the Travelling Oasis just turning the surface sands verdant.

Visiting as Explorers
There are four particular areas, each with sights, each with events unique.
The outer ring of tents and pavilions: pilgrim’s rest.
-much less organized, with a wide range of strangers
The inner ring of native tents and houses: the common quarter.
-shops, markets, merchant-sponsored events with some authority present.
The inner city, within the Alabaster wall: the high quarter.
-official minor events and challenges sponsored by the city officials themselves. Sightseeing of the palaces of the mighty.
And the Oasis in the desert.
-just turning its first buds and shoots, visited by a steady stream of pilgrims.


Arvellon finds a merchant
Stay close and follow my lead everyone. We must acquire knowledge and coin of this land. thought
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon to his group. He seemed to be giddy with the idea of trade, and the rest followed suit. As they progressed towards the inner ring, Akal seemed at constant vigilance. This was noted by the lack of vigilance Spog and Vallura showed as they continued to "ooh" and "ah" at every little thing. Whenever a child waved at Spog, they made sure to wave back.

Eventually, Arvellon looks for a merchant who may seem to be of Elvish descent, and thus spoke in Elvish. Greetings, friend! We hail from a far off land in the birth swamps of old. A land of fair legend, and fair trade and have come to make a simple trade for information and coin. In exchange we have a whole oddity of interesting alchemical magic should you be of interest! Why one of our mushrooms is said to take you on a vision to the land of your ancestors for a trip! As he makes his
Dice Roll: 1d20+8z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 21)
sales pitch (21), he draws from his cloak a small pouch of mushrooms. Their gold and blue caps glisten in the sun's heat.

The tradesman is older, a paunchy stomach and swollen hands telling of many, many years of prosperous living. He smiles showing thin yellowed teeth, and peers interestedly into the offered pouch.
”Welcome friends, welcome. May your feet be lightened by our roads, and your tongue never dry. Of coin we shall measure, and your fungus also. May this one ask, of what information do you require?”

The shop is well stocked in carpets, tapestries, and hung bolts of silk, with shiny objects glinting on shadowed shelves in the rear.
A snap of his fingers, and a young shop-girl, Gnomish perhaps with black hair tucked into a wrapped caftan steps up dutifully to the counter, waiting.

Arvellon finds a merchant
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon smiled at the man and continued in his western dialect of elvish. You see we traveled from quite a ways away and don't speak the tongue of the land. Could you perhaps enlighten us a bit on where we have stumbled upon? Is this a festival of some sorts? Is the town friendly to outsiders? He paused. Do you know of a book on how to learn of this tongue for elves? I'm also familiar with dwarvish if that is a more common sort. We certainly are most appreciative of any assistance you may offer.

He smiles at the gnome and says a quick greeting in Elvish, unaware if she understands him or not. And smiles back at the man
Dice Roll: 1d20+7z
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 18)
to see if he is the honest type (18)

Akath GeshudAs the newcomers deal with their trade a comotion is heard back down the road from them. Gasps and shrieks as low thudding tin on stone pierces the bustling street. As the new comers turn they are greated by a fearsome sight as a train of
Think this only with a dwarven aesthetic and encrusted with many jewels. PS. the armor is just for show.
Nitigids descends upon the city. Leading the train is a massive Nitigid ridden by
Arzin Karkmark. Directly behind him was two side by side ridden by
Nitumi Karkmark and
Stroztryd Datansalul. Behind them are three unarmored Nitigids the one in front is ridden by a Zekzig and the one in the rear is ridden by a Zekzig. The one in the center has its tail and pincers bound; there are heavy chains leading from the beast to its guards. It strains violently to break free and gorge itself on the fresh meat surrounding it a wild aura emanating from its strained clatter. Following the frightening sight are two more armored Nitigids. These are ridden by
Emram Dagdarim and
Brannir Giantstounge The entire group is surrounded by three warrior thick army that are proceeding to keep bystanders from being trampled. The progress is slow and there is ample time for people to come and speak to those on the beasts.

Vallura

HP 9/9 AC 12
Strength 14, Dexterity 15, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 8
Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Longsword- +1, 1d8+2
Shortsword- +1, 1d6+1

Equipment:
Studded Leather
Longsword
Shortsword
Dagger (x6)

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Two Weapon Fighting: -2/-2
Vallura turned her head at the growing sight and smiled while Akal and Arvellon did their business. And while they did they're business, she would do her fun. Hey Spog. Get a look of these! She thought to her equally curious fungal friend. The odd couple approached the troupe through a rather dense crowd until they got stopped by the crowd clearers. She then shouted in what little dwarvish she knew from Arvellon at the riders. Good bug! She then pointed at herself. Elf! She then pointed at Spog. Mushroom!

Her face beamed with pride and a wide smile grew across her face. Did you see that, Spog? Did you see? I talked to a foreigner! Or am I the foreigner here? It doesn't matter. I did it! Her fungal friend simply nodded his stalk in agreement.

The reply came in decent elvish as Arzin started. "Peace Elf, I am dwarf in your tounge. I have not seen a shroom that walks much less one that is sentient tell me where do you hail from? The train had stopped and the wild Nitigid was growing restless but the zekzig showed no signs of concern.

Vallura

HP 9/9 AC 12
Strength 14, Dexterity 15, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 8
Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Longsword- +1, 1d8+2
Shortsword- +1, 1d6+1

Equipment:
Studded Leather
Longsword
Shortsword
Dagger (x6)

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Two Weapon Fighting: -2/-2
Vallura stood there with a blank look on her face when he spoke in Elvish. Wow your Elvish is really good! Where'd you learn it? She paused for a second. Pardon me, this is the most I've spoken aloud in decades! I'm from Paakaupunki, as is Spog here! Do you not have Myconid's here? They're every where back home! And what's with the bug thing? Oh I'm Vallura by the way. And that's Spog. And what's your name?

Her mouth seemed to move faster than her mind as she asked her questions, throughout the whole discussion she seemed quite animated. Spog, however said nothing, but stared intently at the nitigid train regardless.

Oh I should also ask if you're from this city too. Sorry for assuming. This is my first time speaking with a foreigner! But I'm the foreigner here right? So maybe it's your first time too! She smiled as she seemed to have paused her questions. For now.







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2018-10-20 09:00:07am local time
Myth-Weavers Status