the Festival of the Travelling Oasis - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices


the Festival of the Travelling Oasis

   
Arzin threw his head back and bellowed a laugh as Vallura finished. *elvish*"You must pardon me. There are very few of us that are as animated as you. I learned Elvish from a diplomat that accompanied us to our home some time ago. As for my name." He stands in his saddle so as to take in more breath. Arzin's eyes seem to detach from the world as his chest heaves. *common*"I AM ARZIN KARKMARK ETAR OF AKATH GESHUD. BY INVITATION OF THE SULTANI I ASK THAT PREPERATIONS BE MADE FOR MY ARRIVAL AND A PATH CLEARED THAT WE MAY ENTER THE CITY." Returning to his previous demeanor *elvish*"Vallura if you are indeed a diplomat from far away might I invite you and your company to the Sultan that we may honor your journey here. As for the nitigids, you need not worry about all but the one in chains. the rest shall not hurt those we do not tell them too. The one in chains however has yet to be bound to a master and will eat what it pleases till one can be found. Arzin settles back into his saddle and pulls a leather looking strap from a pack. taking a bite he returns it to his satchel and take a drink while waiting for Vallura's response.

Vallura

HP 9/9 AC 12
Strength 14, Dexterity 15, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 12, Charisma 8
Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +1
BAB +1
Melee: +3
Range +3
Handle Animal +2, Climb +2, Swim +2, Survival +1

Longsword- +1, 1d8+2
Shortsword- +1, 1d6+1

Equipment:
Studded Leather
Longsword
Shortsword
Dagger (x6)

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Two Weapon Fighting: -2/-2
Vallura stood there with a blank look on her face, yet again and simply looked at Spog inquisitively. Iamarzin Karkmarkeaterof Aktahgeshud Byvation ofthe Sultani eye Skatprep Bemadefer Myarrvial Andapath Cleared Thatwe Mayter Thicity is quite the long name for a fellow. Perhaps its a culture thing? She nodded to herself as if to reassure herself in her assessment, then she redirected her gaze to the dwarf. If it is no offense, may I refer to you as Iamar for short? My tongue isn't quite used to dwarven I suppose. But I promise I will practice! She smiled with pleading eyes.

Let me check with my friends before I make any commitments! She then stared blankly at the dwarf. Hey Akal, so this dwarf says he knows the Sultan. Do you suppose that's something Arvellon might be interested in? A short time passed, but to the dwarf it would simply look like a varied set of emotions crossed the face of a rather silent girl.


After some time, two other elves appeared. One seemed almost aged and armed in hide and chitin, while another seemed to be dressed in noble affairs.

Arvellon
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon bows deeply and speaks to the man in Dwarvish. Good afternoon, Sir Iamarzin Karkmarkeaterof Aktahgeshud Byvation ofthe Sultani eye Skatprep Bemadefer Myarrvial Andapath Cleared Thatwe Mayter Thicity. I am Arvellon Din-Minas Ionoleg, of House Ionoleg. I must express my ignorance as to the name of your house, but henceforth it will be recorded in our annals for study. We represent in good faith the Holiest Pact of the Symbioosi. We are new to the land, and the tongue of trade so we humbly ask to lean on your invitation to meet the Sultan.

He then raises his head. If it is not too much trouble, perhaps if there is time we could intrude on you further for some information on the outside world? We don't ask for this for free of course. We extend an invitation for you to journey into ourselves with us. Does this sound agreeable?

At the mighty bellowing of the Etar the crowd parts in a wave. Curiosity driven back by the sudden impact of his command.

Within the shop, the elf and his little assistant are stunned into silence to the point that they don’t notice Arvellon’s departure.

Even for a season of spectacle and stranger’s meetings? This is something people will talk of for years to come.

From the inner cloister, the blaring of trumpets rings out. The murmuring of the crowd rises in pitch as a trio of riders approaches from the distant road’s end.

Atop a coal-black stallion, a half-orc warrior leads. His weather-worn face and dirt-gray skin a distinct contrast to the brilliant white and silver of his carried shield. Entirely opposite, a mustachioed halfling in ornate robes sits mounted on a padded seat carried by camel.
The crowd whispers at the two iconic figures, but are hushed silent at the third figure. Host steed is pure silver, and three hands taller than any other horse likely seen. His robes are simple, but rich, and his turban bears an emerald the size of a hen’s egg. Sultan Atovandoro Fyrridelis has his customary near-scowl affixed on his face, but bows to the leader of Akath Geshud.

From ahead and slightly to the left, Emissary Sanduel calls out the Sultan’s response, ”My Lord Etar, the Sultan Fyrridelis, on behalf of his family, that of Sultana Kahoris, and the peoples and lands they are sworn to protect, bids you welcome and well greeting to the Last Bastion beyond the Waste. A compound and courtyard have been prepared for you, your people , and your... mounts. Would you care to follow us to them? Or would you prefer time to explore the city?”

*Common*"There will be time enough for exploring after we secure our cargo." Arzin motions toward the unsettled beast straining against its chains. *Common*"Our friends will be joining us as well." He motions to the small foreign group standing close by. *Common*"Please arrange for a meet with Sultan Fyrridelis."Turning toward their new friends he continues. *Dwarvish*You seem like decent folk and you are wise to offer something in return for what you ask. He pauses for a brief second and then turns toward his accompany. *Dwarvish*"The travelers shall join our table tonight. We will feast on the finest of brews and thickest of meats." A roaring cheer sweeps through the company of dwarves as he finishes. Turning back to the riders he continues. *Common* "Lead on. we would not hinder this joyous day longer than needed."

The Symbioosi group simply nodded along at most of what was going on, while the diplomat smiled.

Arvellon
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon looked at his compatriots. It looks like befriending Sir Iamarzin Karkmarkeaterof Aktahgeshud Byvation ofthe Sultani eye Skatprep Bemadefer Myarrvial Andapath Cleared Thatwe Mayter Thicity was the right play. We should prioritize this meeting with leadership and as a secondary objective find someone or something that can help us learn this
common
trade tongue that they seem to share.

All I can confirm is that we are going to dine with the dwarves tonight. Based of the entrance, this figure may be related to the Sultan somehow, so be polite. For now, smile and bow until we are called on. Spog, wait for my signal before you cast the comprehend language spell. It may be useful later, but for now we have had no need of it. Our linguistic skills have been excellent today.


The group of four all nodded in unison together and bowed towards the dwarf group again, and with renewed vigor extend the courtesy of their greeting to the newly arrived emissaries.

The group heads off towards the city following their guides. Idle chatter persists throughout the ranks of dwarves as they chat about their long journey. It had been a hard 30 day march to make it here in time and dragging the nitigid with them made it all the harder. From the excitement among the dwarves, Arvellon could surmise this was a wonder to them. only those on their steeds kept their emotions in check. After an hour the company had arrived at the lodging. The sequestered the wild nitigid in a wooden cage they requested from the sultan. Arzin turned his attention to Arvellon and gave a little chuckle. *Dwarvish* "There is no need for you to repeat the entire sentence I gave in response to the acquisition of my name. That was for the image of the Etar of Akath Geshud. My name is Arzin of the house of Karkmark, Etar of Akath Geshud. Giant's Tongue of the Zekzig. You may refer to me as Gaint's Tongue." He says sitting in a chair slightly raised from the floor.

The building the troop is led into is nearly palatial. A broad inner courtyard includes both cages and pens for the Nitigids. Dozens of doorways lead into the surrounding building to kitchens, suites, upper parapets and sun-drenched walkways thickly planted with fragrant bushes and flowers, cooler lower chambers of polished granite and marble, nearly any feature of comfort one can imagine.

Dismounting, the halfling Dunegrass bows to the assembled line, ”We hope the accommodations are to your liking. I am Sanduel Dunegrass, servant to my Sultan and Sultana. The stalwart gentleman beside my is our honorable Baronch Dannok, chief of the Order of Ghats, a military rank. If there is any way we can be of service, please hesitate not to ask.”
He will repeat the entirety of his speech in elven or dwarvish if requested.

The Sultan, dismounting with swift grace and ease offers a bow to the noble Etar.
”Etar Karkmark, if you wish, I would speak with you now.”
He gestures to a stairwell leading to a second story balcony and awaits action. The elf is notably direct and precise in word.

The Symbioosi group followed along and seemed rather amused by the dwarven troupe.

Arvellon
HP 8/8 AC 11
Strength 8, Dexterity 12, Constitution 10, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 13, Charisma 15
Fort +0, Reflex +1, Will +3

Diplomacy +8, Bluff +6, Nature +6, Religion +3, Nobility +3, Arcana +3, Geography +3, Dungeoneering +3, Engineering +3, Sense Motive +7, Spot +4, Listen +4

Feats:
Fey Heritage: +3 on Will Saves vs Enchantments
Negotiator: +2 Diplo and Sense Motive
Arvellon on the way apologized for the confusion. *In Dwarvish* I must sheepishly admit my ignorance as to the rank of Etar in your court, but assume it to be quite honorable! But perhaps we shall talk later, the destination is near.

When the halfling gives his speech, Arvellon would raise an inquisitive hand for an explanation. At that point he would blush a bit as to his ignorance of being in such high company, and quickly bow his head. *In Elven* Good day to you both, I am Arvellon Din-Minas Ionoleg, noble representing the far land of The Holy Pact of the Symbioosi. These are my travelling companions, Akal Mora, Vallura, and Spog. We have traveled far in search of civilized lands to help foster trade of ideas and culture. If these seem of interest to you and your government, then we humbly request a representative to help you explore ourselves together. At that point, he would raise his head and look at the halfling with a friendly smile.

Arzin moves to the stairwell and then turns and looks to Arvellon first and then the Sultan. *Elvish* "If it would please you Sultan I do not know this foreign diplomat but what I speak to you I would have them hear." Arzin finished and then turned to continue up the stairs.

The stern elf is silent for a moment. Perhaps he is sizing up this unknown diplomat. Perhaps he is trying to intuit his contemporary’s intent.
A single nod after his considerations and the three may ascend to the upper balcony.

As the leaders depart momentarily, Dunegrass snaps his fingers and a bevy of serving men and women enter bearing dates and figs, sweet wines and sharp spirits, shaved ice flavored with rose and herbs, and further exotic sweetmeats.







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2018-10-22 09:00:11am local time
Myth-Weavers Status