New to the forums - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

New to the forums

New to the forums

I've been using the sheets here for a while, but I've never used the forums until recently and I never introduced myself. So hi there!

welcome aboard @Fat Hank!

If you are new to PBP, you will want to review the information found in the New to Play-by-Post thread, and the Myth-Weavers Site Rules. It will give you a head start about what Play-by-Post is all about and what we deem civil here on the site.

If you are here to game, the Games & Ads forum is where you want to be. How things work here, GMs will post a game they wre interested inrunning and interested players will apply for them with a character. If there are a lot of applicants for a game, as there are for 3.5E D&D, 5E D&D and Pathfinder, the GM has to narrow down the number of applicants to what they are comfortable with. This can take many forms, but you should be aware of some things they need to do to narrow down the list. Incomplete characters or characters that do not follow the GM's character creation guidelines are usually the first to go.

Also, if you see a game for a system you aren't familiar with, but the game sounds interesting, don't discount it. Often, they have awesome campaign settings, easy to learn systems, and are easier to get into games. One of my favorite systems I found at random when someone posted about it on here.

Make sure to poke around the site a the other places,. There is a lot of good information, and a lot of good conversations going on. Get involved in conversations about game systems you know, ask about game systems you don't know about. Check out our Discord server...which is also a great place to meet up with people and see other games being posted.

Most important thing...HAVE FUN!