Word Morphing - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

Word Morphing

MOAT. Target BLUE.

I think the word I have is too hard. From what I posted last...

MOAT
BOAT
BLAT
BLAE
BLUE

someone else can choose the new words.

Ah.. did I do it wrong? I thought:

Moat > Malt > Melt > belt > blue

By your route, you could also make Able if 'Blae' isn't a word (I don't recognize it, but English isn't my first language).
I'll not touch this game again, didn't mean to screw it up. Sorry guys.

Yout didn't screw it up. I just selected too hard a challenge.

BLAE: Blue-grey
Perhaps we should post definition links for less common words. Could be a good chance to expand our vocabularies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalt View Post
Moat > Malt > Melt > belt > blue
Belt to blue isn't a valid change. You can only change one letter at a time, no rearranging allowed.

A bit of advice: the most important thing is getting the vowels and the consonants in the right place, from there it's usually pretty easy. That's the importance of the MOST>MOAT move. Because there aren't any words with no vowels, when you want to move a vowel around, you'll have to go via a letter with two vowels.

New word: SHIP. Target: DOCK.

You're going to have to move the vowel from the third to the first position, and you're going to have to go via a word with two vowels to do it. I don't know the solution (I know there is one), but your best bet probably has the two vowels in the middle, as that's where they old and new ones are.

SOOP. Target DOCK