Anime / Manga - Page 17 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

And I finally got to play with my Gumi Nendoroid a bit. And by Play I mean put together, then put away in my display cabinet.

I just remembered an anime film called Paprika, which is quite interesting to say the least. I want to watch it again now.

Paprika was great. And I loved the soundtrack because not only is Susumu Hirasawa a musical genius, the soundtrack had the first generation Vocaloid Meiko on almost every track, making it the very first Vocaloid album.

Hey Krimson, that all white figurine is the coolest one of the bunch. Very nice.

That's Drossel from Fireball, done by Disney Japan. Technically she's a Disney Princess. Here's a better shot.

My find yesterday.

Issue 3 of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan which is a spinoff of sorts that takes place in a world much like that depicted in the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, as well as the seventh and eighth light novels. I had no idea they had started printing the light novels (I read them all via scanlation) so I need to collect these as well. I have 14 volumes of the Haruhi Suzumiya manga as well.

This is going to sound like blasphemy to some people, but I didn't like Haruhi Suzumiya.

There was a lot of nerdrage animosity towards the series during the second season due to the Endless Eight. To sum it up, it was the ultimate troll. Kyo-Ani took a 30 page short story and turned it into Eight Episodes. They did not air the same episode 8 times, they in fact ANIMATED the same episode 8 times, and had the voice actors perform the same script 8 times. Fanboys Purists like myself enjoyed the arc and took note of the little differences in each episode, from which shirt Haruhi was wearing, to Koizumi's "I love you", to the music that played during Yuki's explanation of how they have lived the same summer over 15000 times, and only she could remember each instance. Oh and "Kyon-kun denwa!" My very first Youtube video sums it up: LINK

Amusingly, the Christmas theatrical release of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya pretty much redeemed Kyo-Ani in one fell swoop. Not only was it incredibly faithful to the Light Novel, the animation quality was excellent. It has become my Christmas movie.

I imagine though for fans of shounen anime, that Haruhi Suzumiya would not be your cup of tea. Though the series does have one of the best fight scenes I have ever seen. Yuki Nagato vs Ryouko Asakura.

I've watched Haruhi, but I barely remember it. It wasn't a story that really stuck in my head. All I remember is that there is a genderbend version and that's about it really.