Quick questions and answers - Page 661 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

In D&D 3.5 I think I saw a spontaneous caster variant for the druid somewhere (similar to the sorcerer/wizard and favoured soul/cleric pairings) does anyone know where I can find it? (If it was an official class)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky number 13 View Post
It was actually flavoured as the spontaneous version of the druid class, I think it may have been homebrew.
Old Giantitp article.

I find the spontaneous variant Ith linked to be quite good - for a cleric it is a much better choice than a favored soul because you still get turn undead. The spontaneous druid is probably just as cool - if you like druids. I do not.

A question I have regarding Craft and Profession in 3.5:
When making a Craft/Profession check to work, you earn half your check result in gold pieces per week of work; assumedly, you can only make one check per week of work.
However, if you have multiple Craft/Profession skills on the same character, can you make one check for each per week of work, deriving GP from each check?
In other words, can you work multiple jobs in a week for more money?

No, the roll represents a week of activity, not merely activity over the course of a week.

D&D 3.5

Using a rod of ropes is listed as a move action, one of its functions allows using it to push a foe back if they are in its path. This requires a ranged attack roll. This round I need to use my healing belt though. I worry that the next round the foe will hit me again and drop my health back down.

Can I use the healing belt this round as my standard action, and fire off the rod's push back as my move action? Or does the involvement of the attack roll change the activation listing to an attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete Scoundrel > Rod of Ropes

Activation: The three indentations act as buttons.
Pressing any one of the rod's buttons requires a
move action.

As a rule, anything that requires an attack roll is a standard action.
Poor Pittico will have to decide between the two actions.

Actually your action gave me a RP opportunity that made my choice for me. lol

WILL THIS TRANS-DIMENSIONAL WARPING NEVER END?!