Wildstorm Universe (before DC merger) - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Wildstorm Universe (before DC merger)

There's a similar project, MythWeavers Comics, which can be used as the template for this sort of thing.

Are you talking original characters or new ones set in the universe? As you can guess from my signature and campaign, I'm also an old fan of Wildstorm, though I was more of a Gen-13 than Stormwatch.

JAM, I like your format as well, it feels well organized, and I would be all for stealing it when we get to that point. But going back to question of "original" and/or "new" characters I think that would be up for the GMs to determine. I have no issue either way, and for some titles I think it wouldn't really matter, just as long as the characters belong on the team. For example, The Authority are all "heavy hitters" doing mass damage to multiple opponents. Ben Santini, a Black Razor squad leader would be virtually useless in that team.

I'm open to the system, because each GM will be handling their own titles and should be comfortable gaming their own system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauhric View Post
JAM, I like your format as well, it feels well organized, and I would be all for stealing it when we get to that point. But going back to question of "original" and/or "new" characters I think that would be up for the GMs to determine. I have no issue either way, and for some titles I think it wouldn't really matter, just as long as the characters belong on the team. For example, The Authority are all "heavy hitters" doing mass damage to multiple opponents. Ben Santini, a Black Razor squad leader would be virtually useless in that team.

I'm open to the system, because each GM will be handling their own titles and should be comfortable gaming their own system.
I have always been in favor of canon characters - but reset back to point of origin (so not a huge comic history back story to try to remember...)... though that might be difficult with the Kherubim. But that could be taken care of as amnesia or psychic blocks preventing the 1000+ years of memory.

I have also been partial to WildC.A.T.s and Stormwatch as far as Wildstorm goes.

tentative interest depending on system, as long as I can create an original character.

The way I see this going (as an option of course) is that each GM can take on their own title and put it in whatever time period they like. So lets say someone wants to GM Team 7, but they want it to have more 1960s or 70s type feel and place the team in missions in South East Asia, then cool. This way characters can start a new clean origin without all the baggage of history to worry about.

I think it would be fun to approach each title with that kind view. The game doesn't need to take place in 2019, unless the GM wants it that way. Team 7 could do very well in the 60s and 70s Vietnam Era, Black Razors could be fun during the Cold War Era of the 80s, Stormwatch could try to quell 90s global conflicts, and Wildcats operating in the background fighting a covert war against ancient aliens in any time period could work just fine.

The field is open to anything, as long as we can find GMs wanting to take on the projects. That is the main objective right now. Each title has its own unique feel to it, and requires a GM with a certain type of storytelling ability. Maybe a GM likes telling young adult stories for 20-somethings, then maybe GEN 13 is their title to GM. Or maybe a GM likes telling classic war stories, so Team 7 might be a good fit for them. Another GM might like the clandestine war stories of special forces, so Black Razors could be a great fit. Another GM might like the James Bond single spy vs spy type stories so they create an I/O operatives story line. Stormwatch is a great title for a GM who like geopolitical intrigue and war theater.

In the end it will be up to the GM to define their storytelling preference with their chosen title, and then they can handle it however they like. They can set their story line, place it any time period, use new or cannon characters, and choose whatever system they want to game in. The end goal is to have all of this taking place in one forum to collect the Wildstorm fan base.