I could use a little help - Page 6 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

I could use a little help

Nearly everything on dandwiki is terrible, just fyi. The 'optimized' builds regularly ignore pre-requisites and are often weaker than straight classed core melee characters, which is terrible. The homebrew content ranges from boring and weak all the way up to hilariously accidentally broken and often STILL boring.

I personally use the brilliantgameologists/minmaxboards handbooks, and there's a couple of good character resources (like Person_Man's Melee Character Guide) on giantitp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejakor View Post
Nearly everything on dandwiki is terrible, just fyi. The 'optimized' builds regularly ignore pre-requisites and are often weaker than straight classed core melee characters, which is terrible. The homebrew content ranges from boring and weak all the way up to hilariously accidentally broken and often STILL boring.

I personally use the brilliantgameologists/minmaxboards handbooks, and there's a couple of good character resources (like Person_Man's Melee Character Guide) on giantitp.
That's one of the things I came to realize pretty quickly with dandwiki actually. There's a couple homebrew classes that seem to work though, and look like they've had a decent amount of thought put into them. The Jester is one that I've played, and it was alright. Mostly designed for debuffing though, so getting singled out takes you out pretty quick. Also looked at the anime girl class, which is obviously designed for the lulz.

Some of the good stuff on there is actually just copied from other places - they've got some of the Tomes on there, and pretty sure that Jester you're referring to is either the one off the playground or Frank's one.

Of course, the playground isn't a whole lot better than dandwiki. Well, some of it is, but it mostly gets buried in the background noise of people who think Weapon Focus is a viable feat.