This week in video games... - Page 733 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Update: I haven't slept in days...but I've managed to keep Russia from attacking me and I'm about to build a space station. It's a sprint to the finish, so really, who needs sleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
Update: I haven't slept in days...but I've managed to keep Russia from attacking me and I'm about to build a space station. It's a sprint to the finish, so really, who needs sleep?
It almost sounds as bad as my current Axis play through of Hearts of Iron 4 with friends... Good luck getting the station in the sky. Hopefully Peter leaves you alone!

It was excruciating: I held off Peter, launched my Mars mission...and the friggin' Japanese empire snuck up and won a Culture victory right out from under me. Brutal stuff.

So, I did the natural thing any addict would do: I cursed a blue streak, swore never to play again and then began a new game as the Greeks within about five minutes. Good times.

You sir, sound like me and Tropico. (Made worse by, the fact that Tropico 6 beta that just became available if you pre-order, this week.)

Speaking of Tropico, El Presidente here, loyal subjects. Please do not be alarmed as our friends in Europe test their new weapon to fight the Capitalist Dogs on the neighboring island. I am told the green afterglow is a fitting tribute to our greatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
Speaking of Firaxis, I just found out about the new XCOM2 DLC last night. Doesn't seem especially amazing, but I'm not going to turn down more content for XCOM2, especially since it's free.
The mods made XCOM2 for me, especially the ability to reactivate stealth, making the stealth mechanic more usable and preventing the massive triggering problem where you constantly trigger nearby pods xD

That always bothered me

At the moment I have been playing quite a bit of Arena of Valor on Switch. My first MOBA. My coworker got me into it, since he played it on mobile before it came out on Switch.

Good stuff, Krimson? I've heard of it but haven't played it yet.

Quote:
Good stuff, Krimson? I've heard of it but haven't played it yet.
It's quite easy to play. I've been playing it pretty much every day since it released. It's free so worth trying.

Nice! Thanks. I'll do that.

Now to get my hands on Dragon Quest XI...

Quote:
Nice! Thanks. I'll do that.

Now to get my hands on Dragon Quest XI...
I can PM you later if you want to be friends on Switch. I've played a couple of matches with friends.