Waiting for a game?

And I have a question: I'm assuming that it is required for players to provide a link to their characters on a Paizo site, so the GM can see that a given character is legal for PFS play. Does it ever happen that a player will modify his/her character and expect the GM to permit a version of the chatacter to be played that does not exactly match the approved character sheet for the character? How do you handle that situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrel View Post
I guess you're talking about "Dawn of the Scarlet Sun," right? I'll have to take a look at it with your observations in mind.
Yes. After reading the reviews, I got curious and downloaded it since it was free.

What I don't understand is this: Since PFS obviously does not sanction every Paizo published adventure for PFS play, why did they even sanction this one in the first place if it is so improperly balanced?

The only character sheets are the ones the players maintain. There is no external site where they are uploaded and validated. You decide as the GM how much you want to trust the players to provide legal PCs or not. I put my character sheets an all chronicles online for anyone to review..

Thanks!

Quote:
And I have a question: I'm assuming that it is required for players to provide a link to their characters on a Paizo site, so the GM can see that a given character is legal for PFS play. Does it ever happen that a player will modify his/her character and expect the GM to permit a version of the chatacter to be played that does not exactly match the approved character sheet for the character? How do you handle that situation?
Nope. That is not allowed for Pathfinder Society games.

Quote:
What I don't understand is this: Since PFS obviously does not sanction every Paizo published adventure for PFS play, why did they even sanction this one in the first place if it is so improperly balanced?
My guess is that the playtesters didn't see an issue with it. I am guessing most playtest groups know each other and work well together, are experienced enough with the game to cover all their bases and probably created a set of balanced PCs to compliment each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
The only character sheets are the ones the players maintain. There is no external site where they are uploaded and validated. You decide as the GM how much you want to trust the players to provide legal PCs or not. I put my character sheets an all chronicles online for anyone to review..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belabras
Nope. That is not allowed for Pathfinder Society games.
Interesting to compare these two answers, which have the same essence, but, seemingly, from different points of view.

True. I interpreted the question as "Is there anywhere to see a copy of a PFS character sheet that has been officially given the stamp of approval for PFS play?" There is no official approval process, but any table GM can audit a PC. If that wasn't the question asked, then I misunderstood.

Meepo is right. There isn't a place you can see an officially audited sheet, but players should have their character sheet, chronicles, and ITS available for the GM. The character has to conform to those and PFS rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
True. I interpreted the question as "Is there anywhere to see a copy of a PFS character sheet that has been officially given the stamp of approval for PFS play?" There is no official approval process, but any table GM can audit a PC. If that wasn't the question asked, then I misunderstood.
That was basically what I intended to ask, but Belabras' answer is also correct, because, in the end, your just taking the player's word for it. Admitedly viewing a character's chronicles can ve a major help. But is it not permissible for a player to spend his gold btween adventures? What about paying book price for magic items?