Favourite deity? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Favourite deity?

Favourite deity?

There are loads of deities. Over a hundred! Some are good,m some are bad. Some are ugly and some caused madness of sight. Some of them probably want to be Cthulu when they grow up, but you. You guys. Who do you like?

If you were a cleric, which of them would you support? Or even if not, which do you think is the baddest of the bad - or the best of the best?

A fun one to play is actually a philosophy rather than a god (although one may exist).

Philosophy was gluttony and lust. Definitely put a different spin on what it means to be devout.

The stealthy gods, the gods of rogues and assassins. Those are my favorites. Mask, from FR, fits that description, IIRC. Or the complete loonies, like Cyric. He's all kinds of fun.

I also like to portray the 'good' gods as not so good. Like Pelor (he's the easiest to do that to). Instead of him being the warm summer sun beating down on your face, he is the harsh desert sun, searing the flesh from your bones. You know, manipulate them to be what I want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
Tzeentch -- god of fates, chance, and prophecy! Not to mention magic, mutation and Chaos!!
As above.

And Khorne. And Grandfather Nurgle.

Not Slaanesh, though.

Thor. Or the old trickster, Odin. The originals o'course. None 'a this Christian god bulldust for me!