Entering a new realm ... - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Entering a new realm ...

Entering a new realm ...

Hi everyone,

My name is Lexi and I am a longtime Tabletop and online roleplayer/writer living in the US. It was originally my father who got me into games in general, starting with card and board games, and then the deeper immersion into the hobby that roleplaying provides. I started playing D&D/Pathfinder when I was 10 years old. He kept mumbling something about the first hit being free or something but, Iím sure he wasnít trying to start an addiction in his favorite daughter right? Wait, do fatherís do that kind of thing?

*Pauses for a moment to contemplate her life*.

Anyway ... hey, wait a minute, am I his favorite daughter because Iím the only one who became addicted to gaming?

*Pauses to contemplate her life and her place in the family hierarchy*.

Anyway, as I was saying, I am a long time gamer and have been playing/writing on another online website for a few years now but that site seems to be losing player interest. There are not as many new games being posted and those that do come up havenít been ones that I have been particularly interested in trying. Two of the last three games I decided to join died either before or shortly after the initial flurry of posts.

So, I have decided to branch out and look for another website where I might be able to ďget another fixĒ ... I mean, infuse my creative stylings into some collaborative storytelling. I am strictly a player, I have never tried to run a game before and donít think I am ready to try it just yet. I have tried a myriad of different gaming systems but seem to always come back to Pathfinder or D&D. *Wonders if that has anything to do with her ďgateway ... gameĒ*. Maybe itís just the Fantasy genre that Iím drawn to.

So, Iím going to poke around on the site and maybe try to a join a game or two. If you see me requesting to join one of your games then please remember that Iím new to this site and am still fragile from my last breakup (RPOL) - lol. If anyone has any suggestions for a Pathfinder game looking for players and willing to accept a newbie to the site then please feel free to point me in one direction or another and thanks for the opportunity to find a place to exercise my writing and roleplaying skills.

Lexi

Howdy and welcome! Seems like the usual welcoming commitee yet sleeps. You seem to have a handle for PbP from your previous experiences, so here's the gist. This here is where GMs recruit players. Though they invariable end up with a mass excess of applicants so there's usually a screening process. Best to just throw your applications out far and wide, you'll meet one with whom you gel in the end. The sidebar on the left is just a count of games actively recruiting, not the sum of all systems actively supported.

Anyway just a little warning: this site is still pretty active after all these years, but games don't always stand the test of time. Player attrition and GM burnout happen, but there's a system where you can put out a request for replacements easily, and have a moderator simply transfer GM rights of a game. With the sheer amount of people, you can easily keep a game going for years, though not necessarily with the exact same people.

Last of all, I just so happen to be putting together a pathfinder game. A little adventure called the Legacy of Fire. Perhaps you've heard of it(the timing sounds right). So come on down, stop on by, drop a comment, say hi!

Welcome to Myth-Weavers, @lexikov !

Sounds like you have some experience with Play-by-Post, so I'll spare you my usual newbie rant on that. Marcielle pointed you to the best starting point here: the Games and Ads section. We do things a touch differently than other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways.

And yes, D&D 5e and Pathfinder are currently the most popular systems here, so you may find some heavy competition for some of those games.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki