3 Posts missing? - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

3 Posts missing?

3 Posts missing?

My Browser Information: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.0.0; TA-1020) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.80 Mobile Safari/537.36

Relevant Links: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthr...6#post13998926
Referrer: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Message: I don't exactly know how to explain this... So I've been sitting and editing the first three posts in this thread for a couple days. The third being the most recent, I don't know if I got the formatting wrong or something but after saving my most recent edit the first 3 posts have sort of... Vanished? I don't know that's the right way to put it, technically the space for those posts is still there and if I zoom in or scroll fast enough pieces of it are still visible but vanish again almost instantly. I have tried loading the page on a different device and in different browsers but the same thing happens.

I don't know what has happened here, but I might be able to help you unravel things.

This link takes you to a list of all of your posts. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you should be able to find the first three posts from your Cyler De' Angelo thread (if you make more posts they will get pushed to the second page of the search results, so look there if you can't find them).

Each post in that list has a link that says "View individual post" - click that and the post in question will open up in a new browser window. From there you're able to access the "Edit" button and try to figure out what went wrong. A couple of important notes before you do, though:

1) If you had die rolls in those posts and want to keep them, make sure not to change or move around any of the die roll tags

2) If you're not well-versed in BBCode and can't figure out what is causing the problem, it's perhaps better to not change any of the three posts before a moderator / admin can take a look. It would be useful for them to see the problematic code and perhaps come up with a fix to the root problem

3) If you're in a hurry and just want to continue working on your character, before editing the three posts copy and paste their contents into text files on your computer so that should the moderators / admin want to take a look later you can send them the files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
I don't know what has happened here, but I might be able to help you unravel things.

This link takes you to a list of all of your posts. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page you should be able to find the first three posts from your Cyler De' Angelo thread (if you make more posts they will get pushed to the second page of the search results, so look there if you can't find them).

Each post in that list has a link that says "View individual post" - click that and the post in question will open up in a new browser window. From there you're able to access the "Edit" button and try to figure out what went wrong. A couple of important notes before you do, though:

1) If you had die rolls in those posts and want to keep them, make sure not to change or move around any of the die roll tags

2) If you're not well-versed in BBCode and can't figure out what is causing the problem, it's perhaps better to not change any of the three posts before a moderator / admin can take a look. It would be useful for them to see the problematic code and perhaps come up with a fix to the root problem

3) If you're in a hurry and just want to continue working on your character, before editing the three posts copy and paste their contents into text files on your computer so that should the moderators / admin want to take a look later you can send them the files
Thanks looking at the individual posts I think I fixed it, still not entirely sure what happened but I got it working again