Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Pathfinder

I don't ever remember reading it but i always assume it is yes; can climb, swim, and fly speeds be 'hustled' and 'run'?

A human with the run feat can keep pace with most flying dragons (and literally outrun the slower ones) of equal size if they can't hustle their flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena_ishtar View Post
Pathfinder

I don't ever remember reading it but i always assume it is yes; can climb, swim, and fly speeds be 'hustled' and 'run'?

A human with the run feat can keep pace with most flying dragons (and literally outrun the slower ones) of equal size if they can't hustle their flight.
That's mostly answered in the entries for each type of movement.

Climb can hustle but not run, fly can hustle and run, and swim can run (but only in a straight line) and hustle (assuming you have a swim speed, otherwise you use the rules from the swim skill).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigLickJF View Post
That's mostly answered in the entries for each type of movement.

Climb can hustle but not run, fly can hustle and run, and swim can run (but only in a straight line) and hustle (assuming you have a swim speed, otherwise you use the rules from the swim skill).
Followed link and read the same stuff i already read; it does not say.
Edit: to clarify 'it'... 'Flight' does not say

Basically, the fact that flight doesn't say while some of the others explicitly do means that it is allowed, otherwise it would say so.

I think I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure of it. In Pathfinder, if I enhance a bow with Frost, all the arrows will deal an extra 1d6 Cold damage when they hit. But if I want to get past something like DR Adamantine, the arrows themselves need to be made of Adamantine. Do I have it right?

In that example, you would deal the extra 1d6 cold damage, which would be unaffected by DR/Adamantine, though would be subjected to Resist Cold. If you want the physical damage itself to bypass DR/Adamantine, you would need Adamantine arrows, a +4 weapon(whether bow or arrow), or some kind of spell/feat/special ability that specifically allows you to bypass DR/Adamantine. The basic thought applies to other forms of DR as appropriate.