Kickstarters - Page 45 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Kickstarters

Interesting and ambitious, I'll give it that much. But I wouldn't bet on anything resembling historical tactics surviving the introduction of players, half of whom will have no idea what they're "supposed" to do and most of the rest will be trying to deliberately break the system. Add in the almost unavoidable trolling and I don't expect much from this game. Hope to be proved wrong though.

I'm liking the Cthulhu Tales kickstarter by Cubicle 7. I'm looking forward to the game.

I missed the Dropship Commander kickstarter, which makes me a sad panda. There aren't enough miniature wargames on there that don't revolve around horror-smut minis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarium View Post
I'm liking the Cthulhu Tales kickstarter by Cubicle 7. I'm looking forward to the game.
I've not really got anyone to play with, or else I'd consider backing it. Looks like a lovely game too.

I backed the Lone Wolf Advanture Game, also by C7 and was very impressed by the quality of their work.

Kickstarter has released a new report!
https://www.kickstarter.com/fulfillment?ref=hero

Interesting results.
  • 9% of Kickstarter projects failed to deliver rewards
  • 8% of dollars pledged went to failed projects
  • 7% of backers failed to receive their chosen reward
  • 65% of backers agreed or strongly agreed with the statement that “the reward was delivered on time”

I'll still back projects and continue to be as careful as I have been in stalking those putting the projects up. I usually google the people involved and track previous projects at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchant View Post
I'll still back projects and continue to be as careful as I have been in stalking those putting the projects up. I usually google the people involved and track previous projects at the very least.
Sound Advice. Though I have never suffered at the hands of a badly run KS, I know people who have and it's not nice.

I have received 100% of what I backed at the moment (not counting some delayed stretch goals which are all just extra anyway). To be honest: I don't really back risky projects.

Burning Wheel launched a new Kickstarter project that is going to combine the information of the old add-on books (Magic/Monster/Adventure).