Let's Play Guild Wars 2!! - Page 39 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...scended_armor/

All this "OMG GEAR TREADMILL" nonsense is just that. Nonsnese. People are freaking out over nothing. Ascended gear will be accessible in various ways and I am doubtful it will be much harder to get than most Legendaries.

That's called PR spin. Continuous gear progression is a gear treadmill, whether they want to admit to it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Kage View Post
Ascended gear will be accessible in various ways and I am doubtful it will be much harder to get than most Legendaries.
Legendaries are really really hard to get and have the same stats as exotics

They want to get rid of exotics as being the top equipment tier, making previous karma/dungeon armor now worthless

How is it "now worthless?" The power (and usefulness) did not decrease at all. There will just be something marginally better. You couldn't sell anything you got with Karma anyway, so don't give me BS about that price dropping.

There is one other point to make: Exotics are available as early as level 60. Ascended items are just 80 only (and a little more powerful). There won't be anything left for them to add (other than more Legendaries) The only reason whatsoever that "requires" Ascended armor is if you plan on constantly repeating Fractals, which I would imagine would get dull rather quickly. The difference between Ascended and Exotic is too small to make a difference in WvW: the better play will still win in a 1v1 fight, and a 1v zerg will always go in the zerg's favor..

Even so, I'm in zones everywhere, despite having 100% map completion. I like helping friends do things and sometimes I just want to leave Risen Putrifiers well behind (though I'm working toward a Legendary, so most of my time is spent in Cursed Shore to drum up the funds/skill points/materials)

The entire time spent from level 1 to 80 is a none-stop gear treadmill... Not sure where that got lost in translation. The addition of another tier of gear will not make a difference. I'm having fun, but I still am working towards getting better gear by saving up damn near every drop of Karma I make. Its the way MMO's work.

All this talk of one tier of armor tier is silly. Its the exact kind of talk which makes all players look bad. Wait. See. Experience. THEN and only then, comment on. Its one thing to make reservations or concerns, but outright complaining only makes you look bad. Believe me, I am an expert at making myself look bad.

Do also remember, that Guild Wars 2 is one big massive experiment. Something like this has never quite been done before. A-Net really is going into this blind. Of course they will be tweaking. WoW never stopped tweaking (for good or worse).

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/...fractals-mists

Some more information about the Fractals. It looks pretty cool and pretty accessible. You get sidekicked up to 80 using similar algorithms to WvW. It won't be a perfect experience for sub-80s. The Mad King dungeon was tough when you took a group of 20s-40s in. However, it's nice to have that option around. It's also cool that the difficulty is set to the person with the lowest difficulty level in the party.

Why do you play this game? It doesn't seem like there's anything in it for you.

I'm not trying to be snarky. It's an honest question. It feels like almost every time something is posted, you're talking about how horrible it is/going to be. So I'm just left wondering why you bother with the game at all. What does it offer you that keeps you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Kage View Post
Why do you play this game? It doesn't seem like there's anything in it for you.

I'm not trying to be snarky. It's an honest question. It feels like almost every time something is posted, you're talking about how horrible it is/going to be. So I'm just left wondering why you bother with the game at all. What does it offer you that keeps you going?
I don't think you've actually read my posts. Either that, or you have a very selective memory. My posting history in this thread has been a mix of positives and negatives.

Well, I picked up D3 for myself and my son... and despite our dissatisfaction we still pl... wait... no... we don't... nevermind...

Edit: Besides... I don't want to get completely flamed... I'd never want to compare GW2 to D3... GW2 is after all... an improvement over the first one in so many ways.

Edit 2: In case the point was missed, just because you have a bucket-load of negative posts about a game doesn't mean you won't play it. *shrug*